*Updated* Jetbeam RRT01 XM-L2

430Scuderia

Newly Enlightened
Just arrived from Fastech, under $55 w/cpf discount(Thanks cpf!), Hong Kong to USA in 8 business days.
Has been updated to XM-L2 though I don't which one-states 600 lumens.This is a gift for someone so I didn't open the package.
Didn't see anything on jetbeamlight.com home page about this. Packaging is different as it includes "niteye" too.

145667114_1403-med.JPG

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting! I thought after the whole Sysmax vs Niteye thing the Jetbeam branding was just going to be dropped. This is worth looking in to...

sticktodrum

Enlightened
Oh cool, I ordered one of those before the weekend from Fasttech so that'll be cool to see when it shows up.

jay_rush

Unenlightened
can anyone tell me what is the official jetbeam website? i had it bookmarked before but they changed it and now i think its this other site but it seems way to crappy to be their official one.

Bumble

Enlightened
first one of these ive seen,interested in what reflector type it uses, also pop an aw imr 18350 in it ;)

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah of course, why wouldn't they??

A while back the group that manufactured Jetbeam lights (Niteye) and the group that sold and distributed them (Sysmax, also sold Nitecore) had a disagreement, and both started claiming only they had the right to the Jetbeam name. After that, Niteye started putting out lights under the Niteye brand and ended their arrangement of letting Sysmax sell Jetbeam lights, so it looked like the Jetbeam brand was done, to be replaced by the Niteye brand. But this evidence suggests that the company that manufactures Jetbeam has decided to go on selling both Jetbeam and Niteye branded lights.

kj2

Flashaholic
A while back the group that manufactured Jetbeam lights (Niteye) and the group that sold and distributed them (Sysmax, also sold Nitecore) had a disagreement, and both started claiming only they had the right to the Jetbeam name. After that, Niteye started putting out lights under the Niteye brand and ended their arrangement of letting Sysmax sell Jetbeam lights, so it looked like the Jetbeam brand was done, to be replaced by the Niteye brand. But this evidence suggests that the company that manufactures Jetbeam has decided to go on selling both Jetbeam and Niteye branded lights.
What I know is; that Niteye is a sub-brand of Jetbeam. That Sysmax has the name "jetbeam" registered in Europe. Jetbeam kicked-out Sysmax for distributing.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
.. and because of all that i decided that Jetbeam does not exist any longer in my world :nana:
i am done with Jetbeam and Niteye brands, labels and companies.

Nitcore is different though. They are industry leader right next to Fenix and Olight.
Therefore i cannot cancel it from my list of existing brands. :hitit:

cyclesport

Enlightened
Just arrived from Fastech, under $55 w/cpf discount(Thanks cpf!), Hong Kong to USA in 8 business days.
Has been updated to XM-L2 though I don't which one-states 600 lumens.This is a gift for someone so I didn't open the package.
Didn't see anything on jetbeamlight.com home page about this. Packaging is different as it includes "niteye" too.

145667114_1403-med.JPG

Maybe I'm missing something, but just to be clear...you ordered the XM-L T6 (500L) version and Fasttech sent you the updated XM-L2? Because I don't see the new 600L version on Fasttech's site?

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
does Jetbeam still exist??

?? many new (not only updated) Jetbeam models released in 2013, you didn't see these lights? DDR26, DDR30 (in EU Niteye DDR30), SSR50, SSA10, SSA20, SSC10, SSC20 and DDA40 (4AA) with digital display coming soon with XM-L2 U2 led and max output will be ~1000lm.

Last edited:

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just arrived from Fastech, under $55 w/cpf discount(Thanks cpf!)

Could somebody elaborate on the FASTECH CPF discount? I don't see them on the list of dealers offering CPF discount codes over at the MarketPlace and searching both CPF and CPFMP doesn't turn up anything either. I was just about to place an order with FASTECH when I noticed their discount mentioned in this thread. Thanks!

Edit: Never mind.....I figured it out. My Bad.... FASTTECH has two Ts, not one. I finally found a 5/16/13 post from Greta who was responding to someone with the same question I had. She said, "FastTech has not even logged into the MP since January. Their advertising subscription expired and despite efforts to contact them, they have not responded or renewed." (Apparently, Greta misspelled Fasttech too!" :))

Last edited:

Bumble

Enlightened
Could somebody elaborate on the FASTECH CPF discount? I don't see them on the list of dealers offering CPF discount codes over at the MarketPlace and searching both CPF and CPFMP doesn't turn up anything either. I was just about to place an order with FASTECH when I noticed their discount mentioned in this thread. Thanks!

check your private messages ;)