Mini Maglite accidently switching on

Philip2

Newly Enlightened
A question about the Mini Maglite 2x AA (incandescent or LED version), that has a twist switch on the front.

Do you have the experience that this flashlight switched on accidently in a pocket or bag, by rubbing against other stuff? If so, how often did this happen to you, and what could be tried to prevent this from happening?

CostcoAAcells

Newly Enlightened
It used to happen to me a lot when I carried Minimag AA. I used to wrap white silicone tape on the threads under the bezel. This would make it more difficult to twist the light on accidentally. But applying too much tape would make it too difficult to twist the light on with one hand.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wife added a nite ize swtich to hers. The IQ is ok, makes it multi mode, but has a flashing led that is a constant (if very minute battery drain). Sandwiche Shop is now selling kroll switches again as well, which imho are better.

Philip2

Newly Enlightened
It used to happen to me a lot when I carried Minimag AA. I used to wrap white silicone tape on the threads under the bezel. This would make it more difficult to twist the light on accidentally. But applying too much tape would make it too difficult to twist the light on with one hand.
Great idea. Thanks.