could you survive surviver?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i know i can survive the island.meaning with out all the others there.because i know i can fend for my self finding shelter food and water. but i could never do all that other stuff such as back stab others or do untrsut worthy things to win.and a course i could never do that word game they just did.but the isalnd its self i can

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i could survive that show, no doubt in my mind. *lol*

the ppl they have on there are generally idiots with poor survival skills..

but i dig what you're saying about not backstabbing ppl and not having anyone trust you.. i dunno if i'd go that far.. it depends how everyone else was treating me i guess.

if they gave me a reason to f*ck them over then i would definitely do it to try and win. *shrug*

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
i could survive that show, no doubt in my mind. *lol*

the ppl they have on there are generally idiots with poor survival skills..

but i dig what you're saying about not backstabbing ppl and not having anyone trust you.. i dunno if i'd go that far.. it depends how everyone else was treating me i guess.

if they gave me a reason to f*ck them over then i would definitely do it to try and win. *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i think they have it made .the ocean will provide so much.and water is there in many places.look at all the stuff they have been given to.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
right!
and to top it all off, they're *really* only a stone's throw away from any help they may need.

i highly doubt the camera man and production crew live under the same conditions. in fact, if you think about it, it's very possible this entire show was made up purely for their own twisted entertainment and not for the contestants to test their survival skills! *lol*

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what you're saying about stabbing people in the back. I'd have to hide the body of course. Then there's that camera man.....he'd have to go as well.

Then the others would be suspicious of the missing crew and cast and that I had been with them last...

Will the killing ever stop!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

-Jason

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes....a show just about me. Me and my flashlights....

yes--nobody else left on the island but me and the sole cameraman who has sworn his alegience to me, and my flashlights of course.

I may have seen one too many Appocalypse Now kinda movies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
well i know i can survive the island.meaning with out all the others there.because i know i can fend for my self finding shelter food and water. but i could never do all that other stuff such as back stab others or do untrsut worthy things to win.and a course i could never do that word game they just did.but the isalnd its self i can

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of having a survivor mindset, in my mind, is adapting to the environment. Survivor is a game, and the game has rules. I'm not "backstabbing" someone when I make them pay when they land on my square in Monopoly. I'm not backstabbing anyone in survivor, either -- doing such is part of the strategy to win the game, and has absolutely no ethical implications, just like when someone pays my hotel fee in Monopoly.

Not that I'd enjoy being on Survivor, mind you. Nor am I particularly good at being sneaky and duplicitous (I suck at poker, too, same kinda deal in a way). But I think it's important -- in life, as in couch potato'ing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif --to be able to quickly sort out what's real and what's not, how to survive and how to win, what's a game and what really reflects on your character.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
What about that dude (Johnnie Fairplay) that lied to them all about his grandmother dying...took advantage of their good trust and human compassion for his own reward? I think that was evil!

Well, it's indeed a "game" and he's playing it, but I have mixed feelings about that one...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah id never survive the island with them people on it. but alone im sure i couldhell they have it better then some people do in real life