FSU-Florida game. A new low in officiating

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
If you get a chance to see a replay watch it. I didn't have a dog in the fight, I'm a Texas fan but what I saw and what the media will likely be covering was what might be the most one sided officiating of modern time. It is so prejudiced toward FSU that after a while you may start finding it comical although I doubt Zook and team did. I can honestly say this is the only game I have ever watched where the officiating unquestionably cost a team the win, no ifs, ands, or buts. FL played well and if the officiating would have been equal they would have conservatively won by 14-21 points instead of losing by 4. Remember, I don't pull for Florida and in fact like FSU a little better.

Before you argue you have seen it many times ask yourself was there another place where the losing team could have done something different to win, like been ahead by 10 when they got the horrible call with 1:00 to play? I don't believe you can blame 2-3 missed BIG calls a deciding factor because both teams are usually hurt to some degree by a poorly called game. Bad calls happen on both sides of the line and one team ends up with a small to moderate advantage. Not tonight in Gainesville. Watch the game and here's what you will see each and every time. If the call is close and sometimes not even close they will make the call whichever way helps FSU. Most of the controversy is about fumbles, a bunch of them, unless you're an FSU fan and then, of course he was down before he lost the ball, again, and again and again. The one that will give you a belly buster happens with about 2-3 minutes left and FSU has the ball on about Florida's 5 yard line. The FSU running back fumbles, (The officials can't rule him down because he is standing straight up at the time. If he had been leaning at least 5 degrees forward they would have probably said he was down before he lost the ball and the rest of this story wouldn't matter) A big pile up ensues and when Florida's #55 emerges with the ball the referee rules it wasn't his and that the FSU running back had recovered the ball at the bottom of the pile. How he could see or know that will probably remain a mystery. #55 spikes the ball to the ground and gets an unsportmanlike conduct call. It's a hoot.

I don't think the ACC officials (hmmmm) intentionally threw the game but the coincidence of every single big close call going to the same team every time is uncanny. I'm talking 4-6 ball turnover calls alone, all judgment calls going to FSU and none to Florida and some weren't even close as far as I and 20 others watching it together could tell, half of who are FSU fans. Even the FSU fans were starting to look at the ground by the forth quarter, it's a must see classic that will be talked about for years.

I missed the post game brawl. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i missed the game to. had a job to do but im a canes fan and they just won. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigcozy

Enlightened
I saw the game. Look like the brawl was started FSU players dancing and taunting the Gator players after the game. Strange game. I don't have a dog here either, SEC all the way.

darkwater

Newly Enlightened
Heh heh heh...yep, I find some of those calls rather "magical." Dad went to FSU, so we were watchin it. I would think though if it was purposeful the officials would atleast give FL some calls when it didnt matter much just to make it look good.

The end game brawl was rather amusing, FSU team taunting FL and in a nice big fight, then separated by the FSU coaches.

One thing I couldnt tell, the person down on the field after the fight, who was that?

Brian