Canadians - where are you getting your zebralights?

chanrobi

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys i've been recently eyeing the 600 mk II (or the sc600w which is seemingly impossible to find anywhere? )zebralight, I would like to purchase in Canada if possible but so far i've only seen US based sites that sell them. Where did you get yours from? I'm mainly trying to avoid the hassle and delay of ordering from the states, or off zebralights website (which apparently they ship direct from china).

I've seen some sites advertise that light being available in neutral and in cool, but the official site says cool. which is correct?

Thanks

Last edited:

rpm00

Enlightened
I've ordered both mine from zebralight.com which ships from china or somewhere around there. Definitely takes a long time. But shipping is free and I haven't found any other dealer that would ship to Canada for the same price. I'm also interested if others have found good dealers.

chanrobi

Newly Enlightened
We don't. We buy Eagletac and Fenix. :)

I would but neither of them have a smiliar offering to something like the SC600w in terms of power/runtime/size. I definitley like the fit & finish of the eagletacs more than the fenix's. Mainly use my stuff for camping so I need something with neutral white, seems like everyone wants to run cool white LEDs. Why!?

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
a smiliar offering to something like the SC600w in terms of power/runtime/size.

Who in this table beats the Zebralight? ;)

M22-FL1-Summary1-1.gif

see: selfbuilt

Isaiah6113

Newly Enlightened
We don't. We buy Eagletac and Fenix. :)

LOL, ditto

You can get JETbeam, nitecore, nuwai, olight, iTP and such from an outfit in Markham, ON. I'd mention the name, but I think there's a forum policy asking us not to do so (correct?). Other online retailers too, but don't think I've seen zebralight either.

M

Imon

Enlightened
I think for those who don't live in the US perhaps the shipping is from China because I know that ZL is headquartered in Irving, TX.

Whenever I order anything from ZL it gets to me the very next day or two days at the latest without even having to select next-day delivery because I live in the DFW metroplex.

As for alternatives, I haven't really been following other companies recently but I think ZL still has the market cornered on small, compact, lightweight, good quality, very bright headlamps with a moon-mode.

Oh, and also, ZL usually offers neutral white options which I think is great. Few companies care enough to have a sustained run of the alternative.

Last edited:

AaronG

Enlightened
I bought both of mine from the website. Direct from China. I've bought a number of items from Battery Junction and GoingGear. All of these transactions have been positive. GoingGear ships no tracking for cheaper but battery junction has cheaper CR123's

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm new to this... is it the TX25C2? I was actually looking at this as an alternate buy...

yes, it is.
It is the brightest 1x18650 China-made production light known to man on the market. it draws up to 3.3 amps from a quality cell. no other single 18650 flashlight beats that.

chanrobi

Newly Enlightened
I think for those who don't live in the US perhaps the shipping is from China because I know that ZL is headquartered in Irving, TX.

Whenever I order anything from ZL it gets to me the very next day or two days at the latest without even having to select next-day delivery because I live in the DFW metroplex.

As for alternatives, I haven't really been following other companies recently but I think ZL still has the market cornered on small, compact, lightweight, good quality, very bright headlamps with a moon-mode.

Oh, and also, ZL usually offers neutral white options which I think is great. Few companies care enough to have a sustained run of the alternative.

So what you are saying is that if I use my US address as a ship point then I will get my flashlight ULTRA fast with free shipping?!

yes, it is.
It is the brightest 1x18650 China-made production light known to man on the market. it draws up to 3.3 amps from a quality cell. no other single 18650 flashlight beats that.

Awesome, I just bought their other light the D25LC2, mainly just that it's more compact. I will probably have to buy the TX25c2 as well. Thanks shelm :)

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the SC600/TX25C2 comparison is misleading, as they are very different lights. I bought the SC600 because I wanted a small flooder, most useful for everyday tasks. The Eagletac is more of a thrower (which is why it is slighty longer and has a larger head).

Certainly as an engineering project, the TX25C2 is amazing, but as an EDC light I think it falls short. I also own the G25C2, which has a similar twisty interface (albeit with a tail switch instead of the side switch, and I DESPISE that interface. I only use one mode with it, and of my entire collection it is the very last light I would give to someone new to flashlights, as it is more complicated and high maintenance than any other light I have.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have some SC52 and the TX25C2.
i imagine the SC600 being similar to the SC52, just a bit bigger because of 1x18650 format. And dimmer, no doubt! Yes, SC600 is a flooder and the Eagletac is a thrower (but with diffuser lens a flooder too!), so they are different.

One SC-series light is enough for me, the UI is cool but TX serves so many other purposes. Instant turbo, instant strobe, real momentary activation, and the clicky is audible and very similar to SC52 clicky feel.

Yes, higher maintenance, that's true. Needs good clean contacts. But you get it all, accessories, holster, additional optional accessories. Ah btw, there seem to be updated hardware revisions of the TX25 on the market.

Enough offtopic. This thread is about Canadas!!

Last edited: