Botach's $15 doz SF 123's are great, but...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Botach\'s $15 doz SF 123\'s are great, but...............

I got ten boxes, opened up 5 and tested two randomly selected batteries from each box.
They averaged 3.23v-3.24v and were dated 10/2012.
I compared them to those from three boxes previously bought from AGR. These averaged 3.25v-3.26v and were dated 8/2012.

I also noticed that the Botach batteries were all a distinctly darker, deeper red than the AGR's and that they were glossy as opposed to the AGR's more matte-like finish.

I know that all previously purchased SF 123's looked like the AGR batteries, because I'm quite color sensitive and immediately noticed the darker Botach color.

Normally, these small differences might go unnoticed, but my Flasha-Paranoid-Aholic radar was on high alert because of past experience and the extraordinary price.

So, is this simply irrelevant, the product of differing factory lots perhaps, or something of interest?

Brightnorm

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Botach\'s $15 doz SF 123\'s are great, but...............

I measured better than 3.25 on mine (08/2012). First thing I did when I got my order
smile.gif
. I did not open too many boxes yet but enough to satisfy myself of their quality. My multimeter has measured 123s as high as 3.28 from other sources.

Cheers.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Botach\'s $15 doz SF 123\'s are great, but...............

...Moved to Batteries...

--dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts