• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale: The Swan Blaster 260W Short Arc

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, this is it, I've quit the Hobby already with one last monster sitting in my basement:

I am giving up my Swan Blaster 260W P-VIP short Arc: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...e-Tank-Light-The-Swan-Blaster-260W-Short-Arc/

This was meant to take down RA's Maxablaster but came out just a little short of the 52 million cp target however. Non the less,
it's still the 2nd brightest home-made portable spot light on CPF. It requires two hands, one grab the side handle of the light & the other hand grabs the portable power. Two wires to connect them, one is for the fan, the fan must be on before firing up the light!

The lux is about 40 million cps but beam is much more powerful than RA's, it's about 18,000 lumens.
Bulb life is 4000 hours & it's seen only about 4 hours of play total.
The light needs manual focusing with 3 screws in the back similar to RA's maxa blaster but it's not as refined as I don't have a lathe.
The light will eat Max Beam & Mega Ray for breakfast, may even take down some Lightsun helicopter searchlight (Based on my experiences that every manufacture hype up their spec including maxa beam). There are different versions of lightsuns. I could be wrong but I won't be surprised if Swan Blaster takes down the 50 million cp version of a light sun, and it's much lighter & more portable & draw less power consumption).

The battery is dead again but a replacement Shorai Inc LFX27L3-BS12 (27AH lifepo4 motorcycle battery) will get it up & running.
Buyer needs to good electronic skills to follow the wires to replace the dead one inside.

Comes with the Shorai BMS balance charger.
Please read the whole thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...e-Tank-Light-The-Swan-Blaster-260W-Short-Arc/
it's build over the course of 2-3 years with expenses well over $3,000 on materials alone, the host was a high end cruise hinds search light costed about $400 off ebay & the reflector is $700 by itself.

Asking $2995, Shipping in USA only.
I'll eat the PP fees (~$120 in fees) but please pay shipping $29 for this monster.

This light needs new battery, no problems with other parts.
This light has high UV, wear Poly Carbonate goggles when operate.
Do not take out the front lens unless wearing Polycarbonate face mask for protection (No reason to take the front lens out anyways).
The bulb is under very high pressure even when cold! Buyer assumes all risks, personal safety & liability on purchase & operation of this short arc monster and agrees to release me, the seller from all liabilities!

Thanks & best Regards

scaled.php

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a novice with zero technical knowledge. I would buy it if I wasn't fairly certain that I would be killed using it!

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow this thing blows a Maxabeam away, man there's always a catch, no way in hell I can buy a light that is dangerous, Damn!