Ti clip for HDS

dlong0609

Newly Enlightened
I'm really liking my new HDS Exec clicky but would like it even better with a Moddoo Ti clip...next to impossible to find from my research so far. Unique Titanitum offers a similar clip. Has anyone purchased one? Any comments would be appreciated.

rackness

Newly Enlightened
I too am interested in these clips. It would be nice to hear from some people who own one.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The differences between the Moddoo clip and the clip that Henry sells directly aren't significant.

The biggest difference is that Henry's version is approximately 5 mm longer than the one I bought from Oveready years ago.

Another difference lies in the shape and length of the clip's end, which contacts the body. The Moddoo clip has a smooth radius from beginning to end and is approximately 15 mm long. Henry's version has sharp angles, down at 45 degrees from the clip arm for about 5 mm, parallel to clip arm for about 4.5 mm, then up at 45 degrees for about 2 mm. The length of the bend is about 9.5 mm overall.

I prefer the longer overall length of Henry's version for a 6P, and run the Moddoo clip on the shorter Clicky.

Grizz

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one of the Dark Sucks Ti clips from Uniquetitanium and love it. Unlike the stock clip it has enough of a flare on the tongue to easily slide onto clothing and enough tension to stay there, but not so much that it's hard to remove. Perfect fit as well and it looks good!

9776226624_ddeb501c57_c.jpg

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
I use darksucks (prometheus) clips on all of my sf 6's. my very favorite clip. very well made & no sharp edges. good spring action does not bend out of shape. very well engineered clip & well worth every penny of the price. I like them so much I give them away as gifts. awesome clip from a great CPF'er. that would be my choice if I owned a HDS or any other light it would happen to fit. I always have spares on hand. the mother of all clips, IMHO.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I misread your original post, thinking you were asking for feedback on the Moddoo versions.

I've got about 10 (or more) Prometheus 6P clips on everything from 6Ps and C2s to Malkoff and Elzetta lights.

When it's time to buy some more, I will probably get one of his HDS versions for my Clicky.

It's by far my favorite clip.

Grizz

dlong0609

Newly Enlightened
Exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks, guys. This forum rocks.

Craig K

Enlightened
I like the look of the Moddoo Ti clip better than the Dark Sucks Ti clip,...anyone want to buy a Moddoo Ti clip attached to a brand new HDS 170T?

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
Could someone post a pic of the "Henry" clip with a Moddoo clip as comparison,please?

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some quick comparison photos of my old Moddoo clip and a new-ish clip from Henry.

Moddoolar is the image on the right or 2nd.

HDSClip_zps93639648.jpg
ModdooClip_zps600ea8ad.jpg

SidebySidetopview_zps405c5786.jpg

SisebySide-Sideview_zpsb8cf0621.jpg

I only have one HDS, so you'll need to pretend that the 6P is a Clicky (or Rotary if you lean that way).

This layout didn't work out so well via Tapatalk.

Grizz

Last edited:

Craig K

Enlightened
Sorry guys I am now having second thoughts and am not sure if I want to sell my light...sorry.

rackness

Newly Enlightened
I have to say the moddoo clip would be my first choice but they appear to be tough to come by. I placed an order for the dark sucks clip. It doesn't look as good but function trumps form when it comes to a clip. I will report back when it arrives. Thank you for the pics and information everyone.

trojansteel

Newly Enlightened
Here are some quick comparison photos of my old Moddoo clip and a new-ish clip from Henry.

Moddoolar is the image on the right or 2nd.

HDSClip_zps93639648.jpg
ModdooClip_zps600ea8ad.jpg

SidebySidetopview_zps405c5786.jpg

SisebySide-Sideview_zpsb8cf0621.jpg

I only have one HDS, so you'll need to pretend that the 6P is a Clicky (or Rotary if you lean that way).

This layout didn't work out so well via Tapatalk.

Grizz

I have the HDS clicky clip and it protrudes slightly from the body. As a result, the light never sits flat. Looks like this clip allows the light to sit flat: true?