Aspheric led question

las3r

Enlightened
Hey guys I need schooled on the newest/best led for a aspheric build ? And what's the max amps can that handle without frying it

las3r

Enlightened
The lens is around 4inches,for batterys im not sure yet till i find out the led im going to use, as for the driver I might go with a 8x7135 and the host is some what scratch built

Last edited:

Toaster79

Enlightened
8x7135 will give you 3040mA, so you could use XP-G2 on copper star and single 18650 setup. That should be close to a laser beam with 4" lens.

Gtamazing

Newly Enlightened
If you have the room, from 3 series cells, I like the sst-90 driver from Dx. It does a solid 5.5A on the cheap. As for emitter DeftX and Black Bullet are both using XPG2 de-domes with the wavien collar. I'm not sure if there is anything better than that right now. My current thrower is 5.5A XML2 with the 78mm Aspheric. I tried both an XML2 and XPG2 on copper at 5.5A. The XPG2 was a very small almost unusable spot size. The XML2 is about 4 times as big. I also smoked the XPG2.

In a real life situation I had The XPG2 in the back yard with the dog at night. The sneaky bugger went under the fence and started cursing around the bushes. I had to run inside and get a different light that would light up more than a 1 foot square.

Gtamazing

Newly Enlightened
No sure. I honestly don't have much experience with Chinese buck/boost drivers. Most of my mods use reliable 7135 based drivers, or when I needed a sure thing I went Taskled. The TR-0163b is the only cheap imported driver that I haven't melted.