Custom pocket clip request?

Greco101

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a custom washer style clip that will fit between the tailcap and body. Can anyone offer their services?

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
I have installed knife pocket clips by drilling and tapping the body and bending the clip attachment point. Can you be more specific in what you want?

Greco101

Newly Enlightened
Basically these (but preferably not $30+S&H):
ano-clips.jpg

Greco101

Newly Enlightened
If you want one for a p60 style light, the Solarforce version is quite nice for about $7.

You wouldn't happen to know the inner and outer dimensions, would you? This clip-on garbage on my Nitecore SRT7 has to go!

.875" inner and 1" outer is the tolerance I'm working with

MobileEMP

Newly Enlightened
I have installed knife pocket clips by drilling and tapping the body and bending the clip attachment point. Can you be more specific in what you want?
Martin, what do you use to drill and tap the body? I've looked into adding the Eagletac D25C clip to my Sunwayman V11r and I'm curious how to go about this. The drilling I can get on board with, but I'm not sure how to tap threads.

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
MobileEMP,

I use a mill with a punch, then a centering drill, then the right size drill bit, and finally a tap mounted in the mill for what ever screw size is being used.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Drilling and Tapping aluminum isn't overly difficult - just make sure you get the proper size drill bit for your tap. A mill would be awesome, but a drill press works too. Make sure your don't drill too far - and don't use power to cut threads! When tapping, just spin the chuck with your hand. If you can drill perfect holes, you can actually just use a hand-held tap.
(A punch, centering drill, drill bit and tap will probably cost you more than your light, btw.)
Practice on a thin piece of aluminum first, to get a feel for it and make sure everything fits correctly.