Nitecore SRT7

garage_logician

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a tactical light to use with my AR. At the top of my list is the Nitecore SRT7 but being new to these kinds of lights I was hoping to get some opinions on this light. I am assuming this light is compatable with the picatinny rail holders that are available, does nitecore also offer a remote switch to enable turning it off and on from grip for example? Basically I am looking for a light with a lot of throw, the colored modes on the SRT7 are a bonus for blood tracking. Is this a good choice? Or are there better options?

Thanks!
-g

Patriot

Flashaholic
The SRT7 is a good light but has some deficiencies at a weapon light, including the user interface. You might have a look at the P15 and P16 instead. Either would be more suitable.

buds224

Enlightened
I would be concerned with the UI of the SRT7 holding up to recoil over time. I'd go with something with springs on both ends of the battery tube and a simple UI that is compatible with a remote switch. The fewer points of failure, the better (single switch UI).

How much throw are you looking for? I'd go with an Armytek Predator for ruggedness/reliability, programmability (you can set how many modes and levels for each mode), remote switch capable and tons of throw.