McLux 5watt 2 x cr2

unnerv

Enlightened
Since I have been missing my 5W Mclux since the day I sold it to buy McLux 1 cell, 1 watt, I recently bought a 5 watt Mclux with a 3 cell tail from Christoph. Upon arrival, I had to figure out what I was going to do with it, since it has a BB700 in it I didn't really want to take the chance of running it on 3 cells, so I figured I would cut it and rethread since there are no more 2 cell tails left. Then I saw my box of CR2's and figured I could make it really short using a couple of those. So I chopped and re threaded the body, and faced off about a 1/16 from the ground plate, as well as shortened the postive plug to about a 1/16 thick. I cut the spring on the Kroll to get another 1/16. Overall I got it within about 1/2" of the 1 cell body, and use a spacer around the batteries so they don't rattle. Here is some pics of the little guy:

mcluxcr22.jpg

Left Mclux MM+ R2H, Right Mclux 2xCR2, Middle what I chopped off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mcluxcr21.jpg

Beamshots, R2H left, W4W right

If for some reason the pics don't show, click here

paulr

Flashaholic
Oh nice. Much more attractive than the 2x123 McLux in my opinion, because of the relative length of the pocket clip.

Dan C

Enlightened
Great idea unnerv. Lotta people making the chips fly lately, must be a moon phase thing....

Dan C

unnerv

Enlightened
Heh, I bought a mini lathe 2 weeks ago, so I wouldn't have to keep going over to my dad's all the time. Now I got chips all over my workshop, and clothes, but I have been having tons of fun. I have to agree though, there seems to be a lot more people getting lathes/doing mods in the past month or so. The stuff that has been coming out of the CPF lately has been incredible.

BTW Don, your M6 mod was incredible. I would never have the guts to tear up a $350 light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
You cut up a McLux body part??? How dare you! I am never speaking to you again! (unless of course, you send me this light to, uh, evaluate -- then I'd be yer best buddy)...

Very nice, very cool!

unnerv

Enlightened
Well, it was definately was an edc before I bought it, and so I was less nervous about screwing up since it was already dinged up. Lucky for me most of the marks were in the section I cut off. If you would really want to evaluate it for a couple of weeks I would be up for that if it will get me in good with the great Mr Bulk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif (hehe I am waiting for the super baby pin, will it get me moved up on the list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif )