Unscrewing Nitecore EA4 tail cap

15f

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone in the forum tell me how to unscrew the Nitecore EA4 tail cap? I inserted the batteries and close cap now I cannot open the tail cap? Contacted manufacturer said problem due battery leakage. Used Duracell batteries. Suggested I use a dry cloth to cover tail cap and use all my strength. Can members provide me a better solution to my problem?

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coming from a mechanics experience do you have access to a strap wrench? They compound your twisting force. Just keep in mind lefty loosey, righty tighty.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Can anyone in the forum tell me how to unscrew the Nitecore EA4 tail cap? I inserted the batteries and close cap now I cannot open the tail cap? Contacted manufacturer said problem due battery leakage. Used Duracell batteries. Suggested I use a dry cloth to cover tail cap and use all my strength. Can members provide me a better solution to my problem?

Did you use silicon sealer instead of lube? :p if you don't have access to a strap wrench, you could always make a makeshift one. Using old clothes or rags, roll it up to be a long cloth. Then place the tail cap in the middle, and tie a secure knot around the item. Bring both ends of the clot together, and wrap it around the tail capa couple times. Brace the light against something, and keep tension on the wrap. Pull hard and slow until you feel the cap give, then remove by hand.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Depending on how tight it is you may need two strap wreches but my guess is that you'll get it open.