Brunton Glacier 49

crunk master j

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have one of these? Not a lot of info / reviews on them that I can find. Seems like they have a pretty good feature set for the price- 24 Lumens, 49 Ft throw on High, 5 hour Runtime on High (manufacturer claims), 3 brightness settings, SOS mode, and lockout mode. Since it takes a single AA battery, it seems like it would be a good one to put a disposable lithium battery into and keep in the car for emergencies.

RTR882

Newly Enlightened
24 lumens is useful but most modern AA lights are nearer 70-100 lumens on high and some much more than that. The LD01 Fenix does better on a AAA.

crunk master j

Newly Enlightened
24 lumens is useful but most modern AA lights are nearer 70-100 lumens on high and some much more than that. The LD01 Fenix does better on a AAA.

True, but the LD01 has a street price of $35 and the Glacier 49 is more like $15. The majority of all-in-one housing headlamps use multiple AA's, but I prefer a single AA. Single AA headlamps are kind of a rare bird in the budget category. Do you know of any others?

Yamabushi

Enlightened
I keep a Fenix HL21 in my car.

EDIT: It has an electronic switch (parasitic current drain) but can be locked out by loosening the end cap on the battery compartment. An important feature for emergency use lamp. I found that with most other headlamps with electronic switches you had to remove the battery.

Last edited:

crunk master j

Newly Enlightened
I keep a Fenix HL21 in my car.

The HL21 is sweet. But currently on Amazon it's $34.95, and the HL30 is only a few bucks more at $37.22, and then you start thinking hmmm, if I spend an additional $21.78, I could get a Spark SG5... Must... resist.... upgradeitis....

d1337

Enlightened
For me a 24 lumen max is really a deal killer. I carry a 4-sevens Preon Revo on my key chain and I use the medium and low modes at least 80% of the time but that being said I need the high mode at least nice a week. Your point about the upgrade, to the upgrade, to the upgrade is a good one but this headlamp wouldn't meet my minimum requirements. I would probably go with something like an Olight I3s for around $20 or $25 shipped. That being said everyones needs are different.