How did this happen to my TL?

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
flashlightTLbutton.jpg

I am pretty sure I know how it happened. It did not arrive this way.

The TL is two days old. It was sitting at work in the cradle when I saw it. I have another button coming so it's nothing more than aggravation.
frown.gif

Anyone want to guess?

DO NOT READ ANY MORE OF THE THREAD BEFORE POSTING YOUR GUESS. MY GUESS IS BELOW.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
DO NOT READ UNTIL POSTING YOUR GUESS

I think one of my "buddies" took it out of the cradle, played with it and then tried to put it back in the cradle the wrong way and hung the button on the edge of the cradle.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
hmmm...that's a toughy...

...i'm going to have to guess that someone took it out to play with it and put it in backwards?
icon3.gif
grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
sure you didn't try to hold it in your mouth?
grin.gif

Tombeis

Enlightened
DieselDave:

Would you let your buddies play with your truck?

Certainly not!

Tell them to buy their own Tigerlight if their going to be so destructive.
smile.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
The rubber button is very easy to replace. I stole the one from my FBOP and it went on with no problem. I am taking all my toys home. Some people don't play nice. I was going to try the one off my 4D Mag but now I can't find the light. It was put away a LONG time ago.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, without ever looking at the posts below the first one, I'm guessing that it either got slit by the sides of the charger, or a nail punchered it...

Time to read on more...

nihraguk

Enlightened
Dave: i used to have the same problem with the rubber switch caps tearing on my maglites after extended use. water also tends to leak in only through that area. what i did was remove the rubber switch cap, and wrap a layer of duct tape around it. its never been torn, and it forms a much better seal that holds out water much better. if you don't want to gunk up the switch innards with the adhesive from the tape, simply stick a piece of tape on the underside of the duct tape.

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened
Dave,
You got it right, your phantom friend put the light in backward and raked the seal over the charger. Mag seal does not work in the TL.