Fenix e11 Being Discontinued

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
I noticed that fenix-store.com no longer had the e11 listed on their website. I wanted to purchase a couple of the as Christmas presents, so I sent in an email to ask about when they would have more in stock. I received a prompt reply, stating that Fenix would not be making the e11 any longer. They only had five gift boxed e11 lights left, and none left in the normal retail package. Since they were no longer available, they gave me a phone number to call if I wanted to order any of the five remaining lights. I called and ordered the two I needed.

You can still find the e11 at other websites, such as Amazon, but it sounds like the remaining stock is all that will be available.

I know the e11 is not the perfect light, but I like its TIR optics and simple UI. I hope they replace it with an updated light that doesn't lose the TIR optics.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed that fenix-store.com no longer had the e11 listed on their website. I wanted to purchase a couple of the as Christmas presents, so I sent in an email to ask about when they would have more in stock. I received a prompt reply, stating that Fenix would not be making the e11 any longer. They only had five gift boxed e11 lights left, and none left in the normal retail package. Since they were no longer available, they gave me a phone number to call if I wanted to order any of the five remaining lights. I called and ordered the two I needed.

You can still find the e11 at other websites, such as Amazon, but it sounds like the remaining stock is all that will be available.

I know the e11 is not the perfect light, but I like its TIR optics and simple UI. I hope they replace it with an updated light that doesn't lose the TIR optics.

With luck we will be getting something similar new from Fenix quite.soon then

wjv

Enlightened
With luck we will be getting something similar new from Fenix quite.soon then

Hopefully it won't have 7 modes (3 of them disco) and a low that is 4x brighter than it could be. . . .

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the E11. If they replace it with something similar and keep the simple, two mode UI, in a neutral tint would be good. However a lower low mode and a lower high mode would actually be more useful. Something like a 5-10 lumen low and a 50-70 lumen high. That would make it a more useful light IMO, and you'd get better runtimes.

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
I like the E11. If they replace it with something similar and keep the simple, two mode UI, in a neutral tint would be good. However a lower low mode and a lower high mode would actually be more useful. Something like a 5-10 lumen low and a 50-70 lumen high. That would make it a more useful light IMO, and you'd get better runtimes.
+1 on the suggestions. It would also be nice if it could tailstand, but I wouldn't want to go to the side switch like on the e25.

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
I'm so disappointed. I only have duplicates of lights that I REALLY like, and this is one of them. Simple UI, single AA, great price and Fenix quality. C'mon! I'm not sleeping good tonight:mecry:

N_N_R

Enlightened
Oh, noooo :((( Months ago, when I bought the new design of the E11, I tried to sell the older design E11, but no one bought it. Now I am HHAAAAPPPY no one bought it and I can actually have two E11s ... It's such a cool & simple light. Now what, perhaps they'll discontinue the E01 or the E05, because they're so alike o_O

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now what, perhaps they'll discontinue the E01 or the E05, because they're so alike o_O

Hardly alike. Despite me asking constantly for an AA version of the E01, they keep replying that the E01 is one of their best sellers. If anything else that will be on the chopping block, it might be the E15.

Shame if the E11 gets discontinued but maybe they will look at DQG for a bit of inspiration

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hardly alike. Despite me asking constantly for an AA version of the E01, they keep replying that the E01 is one of their best sellers. If anything else that will be on the chopping block, it might be the E15.

Shame if the E11 gets discontinued but maybe they will look at DQG for a bit of inspiration

What makes you say it maybe the E15,have you heard something on the bongo drums.

markr6

Flashaholic
Hopefully it won't have 7 modes (3 of them disco) and a low that is 4x brighter than it could be. . . .

LOL no kidding!

Plus a clip and make the damn thing tail stand for once!!!!!!

HIDblue

Enlightened
Well, that's a bummer. The E11 is far from perfect, but still one of my favorite 1xAA lights. Glad I picked up one of each color a while ago.

kj2

Flashaholic
That's really a bummer. Hope Fenix will come with a update of the E11 :) I just received 2 more E11 Christmas Editions. There will be plenty of light, this Christmas in my house :devil:

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened

The fenix-store rep that sent me the email recommended the e15 as an alternative to the e11. To me, the e15 would be more costly, as I would have to keep a stock of CR123 batteries. It would be tempting, if I knew the beam was similar to the e11.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
In all honestly this is probably a good sign they are replacing it with a new light in the same category soon. REALLY EXCITED! The Fenix E series are great.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that sucks to hear the E11 is my favorite AA light. I use it every day around the house it is my go to light I keep beside me while watching TV etc., I have two a black model I have used a lot and I have kept a silver model as a backup that sits on my shelf of lights, I'm glad I never sold either.

The E11 and Zebralight H501 are my most used lights and make a great combo around the house I don't know what I would do without either of them.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that sucks to hear the E11 is my favorite AA light. I use it every day around the house it is my go to light I keep beside me while watching TV etc., I have two a black model I have used a lot and I have kept a silver model as a backup that sits on my shelf of lights, I'm glad I never sold either.

The E11 and Zebralight H501 are my most used lights and make a great combo around the house I don't know what I would do without either of them.

As you have them it does affect you only folk who may want to buy one.

Csp203

Newly Enlightened
I love this little lite. The user interface is perfect. I am afraid that Fenix at times can stop making good lights and than go in a different direction (think tk20)