Just got my L1!

Spango

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to Chris (of Meridian Tactical), I've just received my L1. I know this light is a bit dated by now, but I still love it! Actually I've got an Arc LSL and L4, but I find that they are a bit too bright to be used a night light for checking the time and stuff. My night vision is not only completely wiped out whenever I turned them on at night, but my eyes hurt whenever they light up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif They are way to bright for this purpose.

Thus, I suppose that the dual level of light of the L1 should be more gentle on my eyes, and also ensure that I have more light whenever I needed it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now, I can't wait till darkness so that I can play with my new toy, well, in about 10 hrs time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS: Am I making any sense at all? Sorry if I ain't, but I am way too excited as I've waited for 1 month before I manage to get this light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dark in 10 hours? Where are you? Anyway, thats one of the lights I am considering myself...for the same reasons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ken

llvo

Enlightened
I just got mine, too! Very white and bright enough for general purpose. The low output is overall dimmer than my Arc AAA-P while the high output is a nice bright pleasant flood.

This is, IMO, my best Surefire purchase ever made which I played it all night around my apartment.
Now I got a superbright D3 with a L1 to cover virtually all task a camping trip will needed.

(In the shop I also tried the L5, it was very white and bright; I wish I wasn't that hurry to leave since I hadn't tried the M6.)

I love the dual level output so much;
also, no bulbs to break!

This is a flashlight that is overlooked by many flashaholics. It is simply superb!
(BTW, mine is HA III black)

Spango

Newly Enlightened
Okay, it got dark around 2 hours ago. This light is great! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The there is a hint of violet in the beam, but it is much whiter than my Arc LSL, and the high beam is brighter too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If only the high beam is a bit brighter, then it'd be great (or have I been spoilt by the brightness of the L4?)! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think it'd be perfect if the light has three stages of brightness:

Low - The current L1 low beam;
Med - The current L1 high beam;
Hi - The L4 brightness;

Or am I asking too much? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

springnr

Enlightened
Low - The current L1 low beam;
Med - The current L1 high beam;
Hi - The L4 brightness;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yep, It would be nice if you could individually turn on the four dies in a five watt.

Low - 1 die
Med - 2 die
Hi - All four