Custom reflectors.. where?

riccardo

Enlightened
Do you know about any company or private that design and build custom reflectors in small numbers?

If I'd like to order get a few custom made to optimize the throw as much as possible, I have some external dimension constrains and I know the model of LED I'll be using, the builder should do the best possible within that sizes. Any idea about the possible costs?

Hoop

Enlightened
I've purchased from them. Their prices are great and they even gave me unexpected freebies. Take a look at their PA12 series with the super short focal length:

PE_PA12_zps0e4047bc.jpg

Last edited:

lucca brassi

Enlightened
Are these reflectors the manner protected against external influences (eg moisture, sea water;-)) usually is to the surface applied rhodium.

Existing reflectors are adjusted for HID but not for LED and I like to made some radical changes

-----------------------

just seen on plan marking RH ...nice !!;-))

Last edited:

nightshade

Enlightened
Phoenix produces a amazing finished product! Custom reflectors can be be produced for old incandescent lamps or the latest, OOP, Firefly~3. :thumbsup:

riccardo

Enlightened
Thank you guys!

Now I'm on a business trip but as soon as I'll be back I'll write them.. anyway they don't look like they are much into the LED business, I hope they will be able to design a proper reflector for XM-L2 because I can provide only the external dimensions to fit my application.

Hoop

Enlightened
It's for an led flashlight. :) I've heard it said that steep angled reflectors are less efficient due to the angle at which the light hits it, but at the same time it gathers more of the light that would have contributed to side spill. I have only tested it once thus far in my back yard, but I was pleased with what I saw with a nichia 219.... This PE reflector profile was something I had long thought about... like a novelty... and they surprised me with one as part of another order. Now I just need to buy a lathe....

Last edited:

Brad1971

Newly Enlightened
hay hoop the reflector you have here what is the size of it & or part # it looks perfect for a long throw norlite 19xled that im puting a cree led & driver out of a 2d led maglite 388 with 123 bat in it... thanks for the help.

lucca brassi

Enlightened

riccardo

Enlightened
I contacted Phoenix:

They are not able to design the reflective surface shape, the just build reflectors on the customer's draft.

Plus, for a custom reflector, given a proper draft, they must produce a dime and this alone cost over 2000$..

Not economic for a few pieces...