New Garrity LED Keychain light

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
These look a lot like the NUV LED "Starlight" I got almost two years ago. It is made by IQ Hong Kong.

uvstar4.jpg

It's a nice looking flashlight, but the batteries can be a pain in the toliet muscle to change, as I found out after getting the last screw out. Go to the webpage I linked to above, and you'll see what a pain in the rear it really is.

Kram

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these about 3 months ago. It's in my drawer now. I like the looks of the packaging, although it's really longer than it needs to be. It is really bright (brighter than either of my ARC AAA's), but I would expect it to fade quickly since it is direct drive off the pair of 2016 batteries inside. The reason I haven't got it to that point is the switch. It is a "press to light" kind of switch. I find my thumb gets tired quickly. It would probably be suitable for finding a keyhole or providing brief light in a dark place, but I like the Photons and Photon knockoffs better because I can turn them on and leave them on for whatever task for which I'm needing light.

The good news is that this was only $3.99 at my local supermarket (Tom Thumb, owned by Safeway I think).

Bottom line for me, it's attractive, but I wouldn't buy another.

Mark

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
$5 here at a drug store (Rite Aid chain) I was impressed with the brightness, but I decided against it because I hate finding coin cells