Anybody have a streamlight 51038 twin task?

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Held one of these at cabelas the onther day....like the feel, I want to give this light to my mother for christmas. I think its simple enough and easy for her to hold. It would be for around her apt.
Still somewhat new to lights and would like to know how it is.....thanks guys.

Torky455

Newly Enlightened
I don't have that exact light, but I do have an older CR123 version. The thing I really don't like about it, is that you have to click the switch 3 times to turn it off from the first level (ck out a youtube review to see what I mean). The light has 2 levels, you click once for high, again for low, 1 more click gives you high again and another click turns it off. She may not mind, but I found it to be a pain. Aside from that, i'm sure it would do what she needs, though something that will tail stand may be handier.

GRunner

Newly Enlightened
Hi Tooly,

I have to second what Torky455 said about the switch, it is so annoying that it made me hate the 2-D and 1-123 lights I had. For the same money you can get a Streamlight Propolymer Luxeon, it's 4-AA, simple and comfortable to hold. For half the price a Minni Mag LED can be bought or many others in between.
Good luck.