Newbie gets an L4

762x51

Newly Enlightened
After all the reading I found a deal that was too good to pass up and just had to see what all the fuss was about. My brand new L4 came in the mail yesterday and it's awesome. It is just alot more useful than my G2...puts out a ton of pure white light. I can't put the thing down! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks alot folks....now I'm hooked and my freinds think I'm nuts. I just ordered an E1e, KL1, and MN03 so I can make all the combos everyone talks about. These things are as addictive as guns! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Anyway....thanks to everyone for all the info and reviews and such here. Great site! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Here's a pic of my new freind:

L4P99-2.jpg

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
do my eyes decieve me or is that a black HA?

Sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jason

edit: now that I'm looking at it on a CRT monitor instead of my laptop LCD, yeah, it looks greenish-gray. Sorry. Got my hopes up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
do my eyes decieve me or is that a black HA?

Sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a dark pic. Copy/paste into Word then lighten 1 or 2 shades and you'll see it better.

Brightnorm

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

Curious thing about the serial numbers though. I bought mine almost 4 months ago and the serial number on my KL4 head is 4292. Yours is considerably lower at 2282. However, my body serial number is 27017 while yours is a later 36106.

Wilkey

Frangible

Enlightened
Not to nitpick, but the 970 has an ATS-34 steel blade. Titanium is used in Benchmade liners, it's not a very good blade material. To test this, you can use a magnet to distinguish titanium from steel.

Nice pic btw.

762x51

Newly Enlightened
Ginseng:

That is kind of interesting. I also noticed that the head doesn't have the new FCC logo on it either. I don't really care all that much as I just was a bit worried about getting a greenish colored LED. This one is pure white so I'm a happy camper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frangible:

True, while most of the Benchmade 970's had ATS-34 blades and all have titanium liners, this one was a limited run (designated the 970ST) with a full titanium blade and a tungsten carbide edge coating. More info on the 970ST here about halfway down the page:

http://swordforum.com/metallurgy/titanium.html