Solarforce M3 green XP-E mod

Blitzwing

Enlightened
I did this for a hunting light - I have also done a red XP-E and XP-G2 @2.8A, three mode. All switchable in seconds.

Single mode 1.4A 3-5V 4xAMC7135 driver, regular XP-E 520-530NM emitter, regular empty p60 pill and some thermal adhesive.

I'm very happy with the throw. The only issue is that the standard M3 pill is deeper so you need longer contact springs or a spacer to ensure proper contact using a shorter P60 pill. And of course this will fit in any of my P60 hosts by adding a normal P60 reflector.

For comparison, the red unit:

Tmad

Newly Enlightened
Looks good. I have a few hunting buddies that have been asking for green lights. I ended up making a couple with ahorton aspherical lenses in a l2p host and they turned out really well.

Did you make the red pill with a 7135 driver? since the red LED is about a volt lower than a white or green, it must be burning up a lot of extra voltage. How do the runtimes and heat production compare between the two? Thanks

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Yes, 7135 from intl-outdoor.

Unsure of heat or runtime as they are both used for short periods as rifle mounted kill lights.