Klarus XT30 questions - IMR and XT20 compatibility

Jdubs

Newly Enlightened
I already have the Klarus BK20 (bike light version of the XT20), and would love to be able to use it as a flashlight when I'm not biking at night. I am thinking of ordering a XT30, but only if the body is compatible with both heads. Can anyone confirm that the XT20 and XT30 share the same body?

Also, I have the older 600 lumen version of the XT11, and am loving the output using two Efest 800mah 18350 IMR batteries. It is a very noticeable bump in brightness compared to using a single 18650. I am wondering if XT20 or XT30 owners experience similar gains by running 4x IMR's compared to using 2x 18650. The voltage spec allows for the higher voltage of the 4 cells, but I'm wondering if the lights can benefit from the higher current of the IMR cells.

Jdubs

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the links. What specifically about those photos makes you think the threads are not compatible?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can just count the revolutions in the threads: the number is clearly different.

XT20
DSC_9306.jpg
DSC_9307.jpg

The threads on the battery tube are of the triangular type, both at the front and back, both are sealed with a o-ring.
Because the threads are anodized, it is possible to lock-out the light.

XT30

Last edited: