FENIX PD35 switch question/advice

Djs105

Newly Enlightened
Hey all. I've been carrying my Fenix PD35 at work (Police) for a few months now. My question/complaint is that when I grip the light I sometimes activate the mode switch with my pinkey. Even in the factory photo (below) you can see the problem and I have large hands which makes it even worse. This of course is a huge problem in my line of work when my 850 lumen light goes to 10 lumen. Does anyone have any idea how I can mechanically lockout the switch? Maybe a rubber anti roll ring or something similar. I know there is not an electronic lockout. If I can't come up with a solution I'll have to get a different light and move this one to reserve (terrible i know).

Thanks in advance.

12708052593_7f242e52a5.jpg

Last edited:

Lun@ticFringe

Newly Enlightened
I keep the pocket clip directly above the side switch. If the tip of my middle finger is against the edge of the clip my pinky is clear of the switch. If the clip is directly under the first knuckle of my middle finger the switch is directly under the tip of my pinky.

silentlurker

Newly Enlightened
I suppose this is why lights that are meant for police and military duty in these circumstances have a single button at the back. If you still want to use the PD35, Lun@tic's suggestion might work, unless the clip shifts. Then you still risk your pinky finger pressing the button when you grab the light. Maybe use a dab of epoxy to keep the clip in place.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Easily solved,manufacture a tiny plastic cover over the switch and mount it by way of a tiny hinge for access or use tiny self adhesive magnets.

Latest posts