CREE XML T6 HeadLight removing XML install A SST-99

JLD

Newly Enlightened
IVE GOT A CREE XML XM-L T6 LED HeadLight 1800LM that i don't think is anywhere close to that more like 750lm will THE DRIVER THATS ALREADY IN THE HEAD LIGHT WORK WITH A SST-99 i use it for hunting and I'm not real happy with the light.. is the SST-99 a lot brighter than the XM-L and XML2 dose it put off a lot more heat this the headlight [FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]I'm using sorry i haven't got this forum down pat yet i tried adding pic but can't get them to load [/FONT]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400536707838?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Last edited:

Jackasper

Enlightened
First off - welcome to CPF. The driver will probably work but not efficiently. I would change it to one more suited to handle the higher demand of the SST-90. I'm not familiar with the SST-99 (if there is one), but do some searching and you'll find the correct driver for your specific job. Deal Extreme is a good place to start for inexpensive DIY parts...
Yes, when driven at it's potential, the SST-90 is much brighter and will require more heat sinking. I'm not sure you want to put one on your forehead, might get a bit warm. If it were up to me, I would use an XM-L2 and probably even be able to keep the same driver. Good luck with the mod