Mr Elfin M11R and AP-05 AA tube

Southernlight

Enlightened
Hi all,
I've had an M11R for sometime running a CR123 and its been my main goto light for general use around my house.
I recently added the AP-05 AA extender tube and dropped a Eneloop into it but have found I get no light on any mode.
The Eneloop was tested in another light so I know it has charge.

From what I can read the AP-05 and M11R should work together but for some reason I get no output? The CR123 is fine.
this pages shows the M11R with AP-05 in the pics - http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201212/104.html

The M11R page - http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201202/79.html
says it works down to 0.9v but perhaps my M11R is an earlier version?

Can anyone confirm if this combo working together?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a M11R and a V11R, but no extender tube. In your link, it shows a picture of an alkaline AA battery and the spec sheet states that the working voltage is .9v-4.2v, so it should fire up up with a fresh AA alkaline.

Are you sure that everything is clean on the tube and that you have it tightened down correctly? Maybe there's a bad connection?

I had a V10R that stopped working on CR123A (3.0v) cells, but worked fine on 3.6v/4.2v 16340s. I sent that back and they gave me the V11R.

Try cleaning up the contact areas and then contact SWM. If you have a 14500 li-ion rechargeable cell to play with, try that and see what you see. If it fires up with a 14500 in there, you know the connection is good and it's probably a similar problem to what I had, a buck/boost driver has gone 'south' on you and it's not able to fire up on the lower voltage.

Chris

Southernlight

Enlightened
I have a M11R and a V11R, but no extender tube. In your link, it shows a picture of an alkaline AA battery and the spec sheet states that the working voltage is .9v-4.2v, so it should fire up up with a fresh AA alkaline.

Are you sure that everything is clean on the tube and that you have it tightened down correctly? Maybe there's a bad connection?

I had a V10R that stopped working on CR123A (3.0v) cells, but worked fine on 3.6v/4.2v 16340s. I sent that back and they gave me the V11R.

Try cleaning up the contact areas and then contact SWM. If you have a 14500 li-ion rechargeable cell to play with, try that and see what you see. If it fires up with a 14500 in there, you know the connection is good and it's probably a similar problem to what I had, a buck/boost driver has gone 'south' on you and it's not able to fire up on the lower voltage.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I did try a contact clean but will recheck it.
I was going to ask about 14500's. I do have one to drop in there, so will give it a try tonight and report back.
Thanks for the suggestions, very much appreciated.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
your connection between extender and body is fine.
your connection between extender and head is not fine.

for the sake of this testing, remove both o-rings.

then try again. both connections will be easily established without the "§$%! o-rings.

bgm307

Newly Enlightened
I have a VR11 and had the same problem with the extender. You really have to crank down on the sections when you screw them together. Took me a few minutes to get it working but it works every time now. Like shelm says. It's the head to the extender that is the problem.

Southernlight

Enlightened
your connection between extender and body is fine.
your connection between extender and head is not fine.

for the sake of this testing, remove both o-rings.

then try again. both connections will be easily established without the "§$%! o-rings.

shelm is awesome!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

its now , working!

The low on a alkaline is very low, with the Eneloop quite good.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now you can apply some lube :D

How about Superlube (grease/oil)? ;)