LED conversions for SureFire E1e and E2e lights

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig,
The KL1 has been around for a long while now. I'd say that they are yesterday's news. The KL1 was followed by the KL4 5W and now the KL5 and KL6 5W's are out.

To answer your question, yes, I would recommend it. In stock form, it is very cost effective, as far as Surefires go, in that you can get into one for as little as $40, plus shipping, new or as little as $25-$30 used on B/S/T.

In stock form the KL1 will run on 1-3X123's. On 2X123's you'll get about 4 hours of runtime at about 17 lumens. That doesn't sound like a lot, but in total darkness, that's more than enough light for most tasks.

The KL1 has also been a popular mod host. The KL1's can be upgraded to a high dome luxeon of a higher bin providing a better quality of light in terms of color, brightness, and throw. The KL1 can also be overdriven up to 3X's the stock current resulting in alot more light, at the expense of runtime and heat.

Many modded KL1's have been sold on B/S/T for under $100 fully modded with a high dome 1W or 3W luxeon and overdriven to 1A with a Fraen LP optic.

For the price, a KL1 is hard to beat.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use it with my E1e as a EDC. Its great, puts out plenty of light for its size. However, I think it would me much more useful if you use it with a 2x123 cell body (E2e body) as it gives you approx 4 hrs of regulated brightness. You can also use it with a 3x123 cell body (thats available from some dealers here) for an even longer runtime! You'll have to see it to believe it, the only thing that's probably better is the KL4 head, altho its not recommended to run the KL4 on 3x123s.

george9c1

Newly Enlightened
I've been using a KL1 on my E2 Outdoorsman for about a month now. It's great for indoor work, and puts out the right amount of light for my purpose - electrical / appliance service. I find that I am getting the full 4 hours of light at full brightness, after which it dims out fast. For use outdoors however, 17 lumens is just not much light and the KL1 has very little throw. I find it useful only out to fifty feet, and it's real dim at that range.
I would recommend it highly for everything except outdoor use.

andrewmac

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
After noticing the date on this thread I would like to know if there are any newer LED conversions for the E1e?

Thanks