Surefire beamfilters??

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
When is it the right time to use the surefire beamfilters? What are the benefits of using red vs. blue or whatever?

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

cue003,
I believe Red is easy on your night vision and can't be seen by deer.
I think Blue is commonly used for finding blood trails at night.

I'm sure there's lots of info I left out, but others here can fill in the blanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use red bean filters on my lights during building clearance and entry. Red beams don't throw far so a "turd" may not see the light coming. It also doesn't ruin your night vision but has just enough light to navigate by. I find they are pretty useless outdoors though

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the feedback. Doesn't one f the filters make light shine thru glass easier...without so much reflection etc?

Thanks again.

EPguy

Newly Enlightened
Another good reason is for those bumps in the night that suddenly wake you up, so when you reach for your trusty SF and activate it you're not blowing your vision with white light. My nighstand M4 sits pretty with a red filter.

83Venture

Enlightened
They also add extra protection in case you drop them, which happened to me one rainy night. I quite often keep one on my Satin Gray/Gunmetal E2e without the lens just for that reason.