Surefire "tactical" switch models

scsu74

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I'm looking for another light with the lx2 "tactical" type switch (press light for low and hard for high).

I'm looking for something a bit smaller, maybe a 1 x cr123 or even AA/AAA type light. I know the EB1 comes with this switch, are there any others I'm missing? Do any other manufacturers have a switch like this? Thanks in advance!

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EB1 is still the only 1xCR123 SureFire with the two-stage tail switch. I think they hold a patent on the design and I'm not sure of anyone else that offers the same functionality.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not a Surefire, but the Led Lenser F1 has one press for high, a second for low and a fast press twice for strobe. It's a single CR123 light, about 3 inches long and 3/4" diameter.

The F1 is one of my EDC lights along with a Surefire P6 with a Lumens Factory led drop-in.

scsu74

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback! I ended up buying the next size up leather sheath so my lx2 should fit.

scsu74

Newly Enlightened
One more question, how does the bezel of the lx2 compare to the eb1 or eb2?

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more question, how does the bezel of the lx2 compare to the eb1 or eb2?

At their widest points the LX2, EB1 and EB2 bezels all measure 1.125" The difference is that the LX2 steps down to 1" diameter at the very end of the bezel while the others stay at 1.125" for nearly their entire length.

As a result they use different sizes of attachments (filters and diffusers).