New klarus RS11: RUNTIMES PWM/Strobe

cnyo

Newly Enlightened
Official data
Features
• Brand new ergonomic design allows easy operation with just one hand;
• Brand new switch design with an enlarged and recessed main switch making it easy to find and hard to activate accidentally;
• Brand New custom KLARUS 2600mAh 3.7V rechargeable Li-ion battery, using Samsung cells and a unique contact design that automatically aligns positive/negative current regardless of battery orientation;
• Upgraded CREE XM-L2-U2 LED, now delivering a maximum output of 930 ANSI lumens;
• Tripod mountable via the standard UNC1/4′ -20 threaded mounting point;
• Specially designed magnetic charging port. When the charging cable is within 1cm of the charging port it self-locates to make the connection. The charging cable can be removed quickly and safely at any time, which makes it an effective flashlight to use in rapid response situations;
• Uses a USB interface chargeable design, so you can charge in the home, office, airport, vehicle, etc. Basically, anywhere that has a USB interface;
• Low loss, high intensity, portable USB charging cable;
• Strobe can be activated when the flashlight is on or off, giving instant access to a blinding strobe from any mode;
• Three lighting modes with memory function make it adaptable for different situations;
• Detachable stainless steel strike bezel protects the lens and has a self-defense purpose;
• Color filters and a diffuser can be securely attached; screwed-in to replace the bezel;
• Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard (underwater to 2 meters);
Specification
• CREE XM-L2 U2 LED with a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours;
• Four lighting modes: High/Medium/Low/Strobe;
• Working Voltage: 3.0V - 8.4V;
• Battery compatibility: 2x CR123A / 1x 18650 (any 18650 battery with PCB protection)Warning: Only use the supplied KLARUS custom 18650 battery when charging the light directly (using the magnetic charging cable). All other batteries must be taken out to recharge;
• Charging: Input: 5 V; Output 4.2V/500 mA Max;
• Charging time: 7 hours;
• Body color: Military grey;
• Reflector: Textured orange peel reflector;
• Lens: Toughened ultra-clear glass;
• Dimensions: 160mm (Length) x 35mm (Head) x 25.4mm (Body);
• Net weight: 160g (Excluding battery);
• Included accessories: 18650 battery, holster, lanyard, body clip, USB charging cable and two spare o-rings;
Note: The above-mentioned parameters are approximate and may vary between flashlights, batteries and environments;
Lumen data and runtime was achieved using KLARUS 2600mAh 18650 batteries;
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Weight 199.9g, Length: 159.18mm,Width:35.00mm
DSC00021_zps47e85932.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC00005_zps44f6b81f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC00006_zps8aea075a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC00013_zps9611947f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC00014_zps3cc9948b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

cnyo

Newly Enlightened
PWM/Strobe
the RS11 uses PWM of 1.2 kHz

High
IMG_20140509_111055_zpsa948cd3c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Med
IMG_20140509_111011_zpsbec8f6a7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Low
IMG_20140509_111032_zps47f28d5f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Strobe
IMG_20140509_111308_zpsdb7bebed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

cnyo

Newly Enlightened
This is my first post.
Klarus RS11 provided by Klarus for review.

Last edited:

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have owned a Klarus XT11 XM-L 600 lumen version 1 for quite a while and I still carry it around in my bag all of the time as it works really well.

I have been thinking of buying the new XM-L2 900 lumen version 2 because I have been looking at having a rechargable light near my front door that is always ready to go.

The only problem is that if you want the light on charge all the time you are stuck with the fairly low capacity custom Klarus 2600 mah Li-ion battery with it's unique contact design.

I have plenty of 3400 mah batteries and to use any of them in the new RS MKII light I would have to charge the batteries outside of the light which defeats the real reason that I would have bought the light for, the ease of recharging.

I like the build of this light but being tied to a Klarus custom 2600 mah battery when recharging is an issue for me.

If you are happy with a custom 2600 mah battery this light will do it for you.

A decision on buying this light would be made easier and faster for me if this light came with a 3400 mah custom Klarus battery that are not available yet.

900 lumens on high for 2.5 hours on this 2600 mah custom battery is quite a good runtime on the other hand.

I remain undecided on this purchase.

CHEERS

UPDATE

I have now ordered a Klarus RS11 MK11.

I am getting the RC11 mounting cradle as well.

http://www.klaruslight.com/plist_show.php?id=134&lge=en

Last edited:

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tried out the new KLarus MKII XM-L2 that I just bought tonight.

The magnetic charging connection is very strong and holds onto the contacts in the tailcap very very well.

The coloured indicator around the charging contact ring makes it easy to tell when the light is charging (red) or fully charged (green).

My only criticism is that the buttons are quite hard to locate in the dark as they are virtually flush with the body.

This design is mainly to stop the light from being accidentally switched on.

They need to be raised slighly or the rubber cover on the on/off button neeeds to be made of a "glow in the dark" material or maybe I will paint it with a little glow paint.

A glow switch cover would make the world of difference in my opinion and I will try to make up something that glows on top of the buttons.

It certainly has more output than my old Klarus XT11 XM-L light when tried them side by side with 1 x 18650 Li-ion battery in each light.

CHEERS

Last edited:

Kyle J

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at getting this Klarus RS11 XM-L2-U2 but I had a few questions.

Are there any accessories that add a rear button? I thought I had seen something like that for it.

I currently use a Stinger LED . Would the Klarus be a decent upgrade to that?

And where could I buy this because I can't seem to find it on the US website for Klarus.

GehenSienachlinks

Newly Enlightened
No rear button , if u want a rear button get xt11 xm-l2 .

RS 11 has much more power but less throw then your light .

Goingear have them .