Did I just order another probelm light, the Fenix TK45?

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a TK45 from fenix store at a really great price, check out my post in the good deal's section of the marketplace for the info, and am starting to wonder if I made the right decision. I hadn't found much in the way of discussion on this light or problems with it but now that I am looking at the TK41 I have found some reviews on it that left me wondering about the TK45. Being that they are the same light series and the switches appear to be the same, I was wondering if the switch issues that I have found on the TK41 would also be likely to occur on the TK45? I read where people have trouble with the 41's switches sticking or not turning on or off or when it does turn on or off the light goes through random modes first. Is this likely to happen on the 45? What about the battery carrier? Anybody have it break yet? If so what did you do? So far 2 out of the 3 "high end" lights I have bought have quite working and had to be sent back for warranty. One was an EA4, one an Eagletac SX25L2T, and with my luck I am waiting for my Fenix E21 to mess up too. I have always wanted the TK45 and when I got the promo code I couldn't turn it down but did I mess up? I know this is a long rambling post but with the way my luck has run with other lights I am worried about issues with this one too.
Thanks,
Tac

thepit56

Newly Enlightened
I have a TK-41 U2 and have had no issues with anything, switch, battery carrier or otherwise so if they share those parts I don't forsee you having a problem.

kj2

Flashaholic
My TK41 (xm-l t6) switch is still working perfect. Have it for some years now. On the other hand, my TK70 on/off switch is messed up. But that's from day one. It does turn on/off normally but I don't feel or hear any click.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, I trust Fenix and the folks at fenix store seem super nice and I believe they would help me out if I do have problems but I was just wanting a bit of a heads up.

flashflood

Enlightened
The Fenix TK45 was my first "real" flashlight and it is still one of my favorites. Built like an absolute tank. Also runs great on Eneloops or AAs, which is quite convenient in the real world. I love 18650 cells, but not for emergencies. Everyone should own at least one high quality, many-AA light with high highs, low lows, and tons of runtime. The TK45 fits the bill.

Last edited:

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened
I own a beta model Fenix TK45 and I bought a production model after it came out because I liked it so much. That was over 4 years ago. Both lights today are still working flawless and the TK45 is my daily go-to house light. The switch on mine works fine. Hope that helps.

I also did a Youtube review of the light when it first came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Q1nw_UEIw

ven

Flashaholic
It looks a great light still,its on my wanted list for a larger work light on AA cells,so i would get plenty run time on the lower settings. Stands out from the crowd for sure,great looking,individual and great fenix UI imo as many light made today(tk75/tk61) have similar UI.

I read through lots of amazon reviews,more you look(or harder you look) the more problems will be found,far far more positive than the odd issue here and there(same with any brand/make ...............SO...............
Congrats and enjoy!!!!!:thumbsup:

kj2

Flashaholic
It looks a great light still,its on my wanted list for a larger work light on AA cells,so i would get plenty run time on the lower settings. Stands out from the crowd for sure,great looking,individual and great fenix UI imo as many light made today(tk75/tk61) have similar UI.

I read through lots of amazon reviews,more you look(or harder you look) the more problems will be found,far far more positive than the odd issue here and there(same with any brand/make ...............SO...............
Congrats and enjoy!!!!!:thumbsup:
Fenix should give it a last update to xp-g2.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys you all have eased my mind quite a bit. It should be here tomorrow so I'm looking forward to it. I run primarly AA lights because of the convenience and I wanted something with beter runtime than the EA4. I may eventually have Vinh put in 3 of the new XP-Ls and boost the current in turbo

eff

Enlightened
Same thing here. I bought my tk41 2 years ago, and the switches are still working fine, even after running the light on turbo regularly

Last edited:

flashflood

Enlightened
Thanks guys you all have eased my mind quite a bit. It should be here tomorrow so I'm looking forward to it. I run primarly AA lights because of the convenience and I wanted something with beter runtime than the EA4. I may eventually have Vinh put in 3 of the new XP-Ls and boost the current in turbo

That is a great idea. A TK45 upgraded to 3x XP-L and driven at Vinh levels would be killer.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got it yesterday and love it. Great size and output and I love the UI. Like it so much I may sell my eagletac and buy a tk41 U2 then have it modded by Vinh to be my thrower.