Flashlight magazines?

woodsman

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone publish a magazine dedicated to flashlights?
I have never been able to find one while looking @ mags in the bookstores. I find it hard to believe there isnt a big enough interest in them not to make one.

guncollector

Enlightened
Do a search under "Guns & Ammo Combat Tactics" (published in conjunction with Surefire), here and on the web.

There was an issue published in 2002, and another in 2003.

Size15's

Flashaholic
There are likely to be more Combat Tactics magalogs published by SureFire. I think they are keen to promote the uses of light and the uses of SureFires as the tools they are in the applications they are designed for.
In addition, I believe they are a good outlet for delving into the "cool science" - something I believe CPF member will want to read about.

It would be great to see articles written about using other brands of flashlights - divelights, firefighting lights etc. There is a world of flashlights and flashlight users beyond the current scope of SureFire that I would like to know more about.

This is not something that SureFire would do. It needs somebody in the industry with connections to bring together the industry as a community with less emphasis on brands and more on the different uses and applications - and the science, and people behind the products.

An internet zine or site would be a cost effective means of distributing this information as an industry forum (manufacturer collective) is a major step that I don't think manufacturers are ready or willing to invest in.

CPF is perhaps the best place to find out about general flashlight related publications and information.

Al