The value of a Surefire T1A Titan

Stainz

Enlightened
Monday found me in my doctor's exam room for my annual full exam. As he is a sportsman, I had pocketed a couple of interesting pocket knives - and my Surefire T1A Titan - for 'show and tell', should time permit. I emptied my pockets for the weigh-in to find I had lost 30lb in the last year. Good bp, etc... a great report. Of course, I left the little Surefire there - and didn't miss it for hours. I retraced my steps... even turned over the sofa and chair I had sat in. Searched my car - twice. I started yesterday AM with a call to the doc's nurse - the receptionist called me back - agreed to search the exam room I was in as soon as it was empty - and call me back. A long hour ensued, while visions of the prior nights evil-bay, etc, searches - and their $170-$200+ current replacement costs - filled my head. The receptionist called back - they found it - it would be on her desk for me. I got there just before noon - it was in an envelope with my name on it. The nurse came out and stated that her boy friend referred to them as 'nerd-lights'... I told them it was valuable to me - and that my wife had long proclaimed me as the poster-child for the definitive 'Nerd'. I thanked them profusely and left... with my Surefire T1A Titan. Misplacing it had cost me a few hours of searching my home and car, calling a few places I had been, and a 50 mile roundtrip and $2 parking to retrieve... but it was worth it.

Yeah, with my collections, including the little Surefire Titan, I guess I am a nerd. Here is the only picture I have of it - with it's 'big' brothers:

DSC_5056_zpsc2443bda.jpg

Stainz

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
What happens when two Surefire's get together? ... They have a baby Surefire!

Glad you got your T1A back! ... :thumbsup:

Pops

Stainz

Enlightened
What happens when two Surefire's get together? ... They have a baby Surefire!

Glad you got your T1A back! ... :thumbsup:

Pops

Thanks - I am glad as well! BTW, I just left the LB3LT and M3LT-S - and some fresh S-F CR123's - in a dark room together... we'll see what happens...

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The nurse's boyfriend is a douche bag.

Glad you got your light back!

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks - I am glad as well! BTW, I just left the LB3LT and M3LT-S - and some fresh S-F CR123's - in a dark room together... we'll see what happens...

:laughing: .... :thumbsup:

Pops

pparmenter

Newly Enlightened
there is a t1a at a local army surplus store near me... i think its time go finally go adopt it... he still has a2 aviators also.. been sitting there so long the packages are washed out from sunlight

Stainz

Enlightened
#1 son is a pilot for a local bank. I found the S-F A2 LED Aviators - new - on closeout locally for <$100. I grabbed a red version - and tried to give it to him. He said if he had to airline to a city that he'd lose it at a metal detector. They've even confiscated small instrument adjustment/alignment screwdrivers from him! He suggested that I really wanted it - and should keep it - which I did. It would have been nice to have when I was standing radar watches in CIC when I was in the Navy - but I got out in '72... Hewlett Packard had just started production or red LEDs. Hey, I had the trusted MX-991/U portable photon generator - which ran on two BA-30's and had a red filter (That's a two D-cell flashlight with a right angle head for you normal folks.). Maybe I'll use it when I am at a star party...

Hey, get that local T1A - they are worth it!

Stainz

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
#1 son is a pilot for a local bank. I found the S-F A2 LED Aviators - new - on closeout locally for <$100. I grabbed a red version - and tried to give it to him. He said if he had to airline to a city that he'd lose it at a metal detector. They've even confiscated small instrument adjustment/alignment screwdrivers from him! He suggested that I really wanted it - and should keep it - which I did. It would have been nice to have when I was standing radar watches in CIC when I was in the Navy - but I got out in '72... Hewlett Packard had just started production or red LEDs. Hey, I had the trusted MX-991/U portable photon generator - which ran on two BA-30's and had a red filter (That's a two D-cell flashlight with a right angle head for you normal folks.). Maybe I'll use it when I am at a star party...

Hey, get that local T1A - they are worth it!

Stainz

TSA: protecting you from high quality flashlights and other non-lethal intruments since 2001!