Olight S10 as a keychain light

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone here not only own an Olight S10 or S10r but also has it attached to their keyring as a keychain light?

Do you attach it through the lanyard holes like I do, through the clip like my husband does or some other novel way?

The S10/r seems like the best keychain light out there for the unenlightened general public and even most flasaholics since unmodified (un Vinh...etc) neutral white versions (S10 only so far no s10r) for this light are available. The Vinh versions should be the best keychain lights for flashaholics as well.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although i own one far to bulky for a key chain light,for me has to be AAA or better still coin cell lights.I edc so the key light is for finding the key hole and lighting the path when my movement light fails.

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
Although i own one far to bulky for a key chain light,for me has to be AAA or better still coin cell lights.I edc so the key light is for finding the key hole and lighting the path when my movement light fails.

I guess it could be too bulky for some but even in that case, a Dqg Spy class light would be better than a AAA keychain light. My lighter is probably slightly bulkier than the light and neither is at all too bulky for most people's keychain.

Lord Flashlight

Enlightened
It's a bit smaller, better form factor. I prefer the beam pattern of the E15. It doesn't have as many modes as the S10 though.

I like the S10, but I'd carry it in a coat pocket instead. If it works for you on a keychain that's good.

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
It's a bit smaller, better form factor. I prefer the beam pattern of the E15. It doesn't have as many modes as the S10 though.

I like the S10, but I'd carry it in a coat pocket instead. If it works for you on a keychain that's good.

The E15 is slightly smaller and 170 lumens is good enough for most people. 400 is a lot out a keychain. The S10 would definitely impress the unenlightened more than the E15 as throw oriented lights typically do over more flood oriented lights but I can definitely see some of the advantages of an E15 in everyday use, especially if offers better flood than the S10.

The S10, like R40 Seeker, seems to be a very throw oriented light. Does the E15 have a better flood to throw balance than the S10?

Bob Damon

Enlightened
For me, it is too heavy to be on my keychain in my pocket. If I carried a pocketbook, I could see having it on a keychain, but with a quick disconnect. The S10 has a very sturdy pocket clip, no need to attach it to my keys.

earthman

Newly Enlightened
interesting debate on what size torch is suitable for key chain carry, maybe It depends on how many keys you have on said key ring?

Personally I holster & belt carry CR123 lights, AAA and button cell lights are on my key chains.

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
interesting debate on what size torch is suitable for key chain carry, maybe It depends on how many keys you have on said key ring?

Personally I holster & belt carry CR123 lights, AAA and button cell lights are on my key chains.

It is interesting and subjective debate.

I don't have many keys and do have a purse so an S10 comfortably fits on my keychain. I consider 3" to be the upper limit for keychain light lengths but other people can go considerably larger and some will only go considerably smaller.

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
..buy one, put it on your key chain and let us know how it works.

Both my husband and I each have one on our keychains. His mother will have an S10r on her keychain before Thanksgiving. She liked our S10 lights enough that she wants one's well.

It works great as a keychain light. If acceptable to use as such, there doesn't seem to be a better light for a keychain.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess it could be too bulky for some but even in that case, a Dqg Spy class light would be better than a AAA keychain light. My lighter is probably slightly bulkier than the light and neither is at all too bulky for most people's keychain.

It depends what size of key chain you have loaded,climbing in and out of a vehicle all day as a sales rep plays havoc with your trousers if you have to carry a bulky key chain,you get stabbed in the leg by something usually sharp and your pockets rip quicker than normal.

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
It depends what size of key chain you have loaded,climbing in and out of a vehicle all day as a sales rep plays havoc with your trousers if you have to carry a bulky key chain,you get stabbed in the leg by something usually sharp and your pockets rip quicker than normal.

Roughly, how many keys do you have on your keychain and what other significant size increasing non-keys do you have on it? As far as sharp object, the S10 is quite the blunt object if the clip is removed.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roughly, how many keys do you have on your keychain and what other significant size increasing non-keys do you have on it? As far as sharp object, the S10 is quite the blunt object if the clip is removed.

Well the modern electonic car key of today are bulky to begin with plus another couple of bits plus an edc knife makes bulk.