Eagletac light

sbninja

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, recently I have been on a single cr123a flashlight kick:) love these little lights!

I ordered what I thought was an Eagletac D25C clicky light, from Amazon.

Yester day I received it the mail. I opened the Amazon box only to see a small box with "EAGTAC" written on the outside. The light itself also has "EAGTAC" written on it. Also the pocket clip is not polished stainless steel, it is black.

I thought I was buying the light in the Amazon Description, which matches the description on Eagletac's website. Did I get a different light? I do t think it's a knock off, as it does have a registration card in it that says "register your new EAGTAC" - to register go to EAGLETAC.com/register.

Here are a couple pics
6bf1e5a233dfbb97b90a0575c287caef.jpg

c06712bb780c283c71e75393dbb81b1a.jpg

407a25cd2f68297bd76313c79d7675c1.jpg

d468577c5ba6c5ef9444363c93203731.jpg

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Looks like the real deal to me. If you do a quick search you'll find that EagTac is how EagleTac abbreviates their name on most of their lights. There are threads here as well as photos on Eagletac's home site. Check out the functionality, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 4 or 5 EagleTac lights, and I am confident of them being genuine. After reading your post, I pulled the boxes out and only 1 box has EagleTac on it, all the others have EAGTAC on them. Throughout their literature and on their website EAGTAC is a common abbreviation. To give you peace of mind, I recommend calling or emailing them and give them the serial number on your light-it should be easy for them to confirm they type of light and date of manufacture. It is very very common for sellers to use whatever photos they can find, and typically the description is the more accurate of the two. Many sellers even have fine print that state "the product will match the description but the photo is considered to be generally representative of the product, but changes of appearance, color or accessories may be present". Take a look at the inside of your light-most of mine are very similar to each other. Does the rubber or GITD boot cover on the switch have an eagle on it? Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
You left out the picture that has important information.
We need a close-up pic of the LED.
Green board is XML1, white board is XML2.

Eagletac has revised this light every year,
so there are several models around.

We also need a pic of the sticker on the box.

Did you order XM-L or XM-L2 U2.

Did you order from Amazon.com or a third-party vendor?

8705410517_0fefeeae97.jpg

Ezeriel

Enlightened
My only question is. Who came up with Eagtac?

If they wanted to shorten the name wouldn't Eagle be better?

TRW3

Newly Enlightened
I'm just going to flat out say it... "EAGLETAC screwed up MAJOR on the name. How that went into production before final QC I'll never know lol. Facts are facts though.

I love my "EAGTAC" D25LC2 multi color light. EAGTAC makes quality products based off that. :thumbsup:

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
I send a email to eagletac/eagtac, why they name themselves eagtac instead of eagletac.
So we should find out within a couple days.

It looks like the older models have eagletac on them and the newer has eagtac.?

EDIT. Sbninja, dont worry. You have the real deal there.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm just going to flat out say it... "EAGLETAC screwed up MAJOR on the name. How that went into production before final QC I'll never know lol. Facts are facts though.

I love my "EAGTAC" D25LC2 multi color light. EAGTAC makes quality products based off that. :thumbsup:

What is wrong with Eagtac? ,maybe they have a reason,as long as qc is good it makes no difference to me.

TRW3

Newly Enlightened
Mcnair55,

EAGLETAC is already abbreviated. Hence the end word "tac". Its not about the quality of their products. It's the fact that crap got MISPRINTED ! LOL. Quite comical actually. I'm sure they wouldn't come out publicly after they've have "EAGTAC" in production so long now.

My buddy likes lights too and has a couple of his own SF guys were handing out upon returning home from deployment. I showed him mY "EAGTAC" and he said "wow cool light, funky name though.. eagtac?? Is that made in china"?? Needless to say I could not deny it LOL.

sbninja

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all, I ordered this on Amazon -"EagleTac D25C Clicky Cool White XM-L2 LED Flashlight"
although Eagletac's website only shows photos of the D25C with a polished stainless pocket clip with "Eagletac" written on the flashlight, it seems that this "EAGTAC" version with black pocket clip is legit.

thijsco19

Newly Enlightened
This is wat I've got from eagletac.
"Thank you for your email.

We have switched the brand from "eagletac" to "EAGTAC", however, most of the customers still called us "eagletac". :)"

I've asked why but haven't got any answer yet.