Fenix TK 35 reflector

Vbeez

Enlightened
I have an early version of TK 35 lying in my drawer for hybernation. Yesterday, I woke it up and I noticed there is something wrong with the reflector.
I got stained all over it
21oc013.jpg

vxhu8k.jpg

Turned it on turbo for a while nor heated the head on an electric hotplate made the stain disappear (till really hot I barely can touch it).

Anyone ever experienced the same thing before ?
Any cure without disassemble the head ?

Thanks

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty weird. I don't know what that is or what to do about it. Does it affect the quality of the beam?

Vbeez

Enlightened
That's pretty weird. I don't know what that is or what to do about it. Does it affect the quality of the beam?
I guess little affect on beam shot. OTF output might be significant.

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
Looks like vapor. I would try to get some moisture absorbing bags (go with electronic stuff), and put the light in a closed box or carton. I would say those pringles chips tubes are good for it, or zip bags for food.
If it doesn't help, try to put the light (without battery) in your fridge (not freezer). Fridges keep moisture out.
If that doesn't help, try to open the head and clean the glass (not reflector) with those lens pens. The reflector is better not to touch: the polish goes away very easily.

There's no way to achieve vacuum in a flashlight, so don't worry. Even 400$ ones have the same problem...

Vbeez

Enlightened
Looks like vapor. I would try to get some moisture absorbing bags (go with electronic stuff), and put the light in a closed box or carton. I would say those pringles chips tubes are good for it, or zip bags for food.
If it doesn't help, try to put the light (without battery) in your fridge (not freezer). Fridges keep moisture out.
If that doesn't help, try to open the head and clean the glass (not reflector) with those lens pens. The reflector is better not to touch: the polish goes away very easily.

There's no way to achieve vacuum in a flashlight, so don't worry. Even 400$ ones have the same problem...

Thanks for good advice. I did put the head in camera dry box for last several days. Fridge will be next if first option fail . I'm going to open the head and change that ugly greenish emitter if fridge doesn't work

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
if you want to change it - go for it... I just don't see the point... yes, it strikes my eyes too, but you own't be using that light for professional photography...
i would disassemble the head, clean the optics, and assemble again outside.

Vbeez

Enlightened
if you want to change it - go for it... I just don't see the point... yes, it strikes my eyes too, but you own't be using that light for professional photography...
i would disassemble the head, clean the optics, and assemble again outside.

Got your point. Won't be easy disassemble the head but still possible. Fenix thread locked most their lights

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
You may just want to get the glass cleaned... When i get to disassembly, my lights usually aren't waterproof any more...

Vbeez

Enlightened
You may just want to get the glass cleaned... When i get to disassembly, my lights usually aren't waterproof any more...

Just had reply from Fenix. They said the warranty is already expired. So I'm gonna disassemble the head