New Thrunite Ti

kj2

Flashaholic
Specs says it supports max 3V, so a 10440 is kinda risky.. When you've received it, tell how the clip holds on. Doesn't look like a sturdy one.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read that the Ti3 does not support li-ions. Someone tried and it went poof. The Ti uses a different emitter, XP-L. Not sure if it will support li-ions. But it should be floody due to the larger die. I think the XP-L is an interesting choice for an AAA light, even if it doesn't support li-ions. Mine is the way, too.

I have a Ti3 and it is very nice and has plenty of output on an Eneloop. Good runtime, too.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti3 has 120lm, selfbuilt measures 175lm
Ti3-Lumens.gif

TiTi has 162lm, selfbuilt must measure (rule of three) 175*162/120 = 236.25lm

Let's see selfbuilt's review.

1981970_692367957537650sh0.jpg

Last edited:

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
Looks promising lumen wise!
Still looking for an upgrade of my i3S. The DQG SS AAA didn't pull it off. Unreliable en too low max output. Greats size, magnet and luminous O-ring, but I primarily need a good UI (low-high), high optional output and proper runtime on lower setting.
Hope the Ti pulls it off. Optional blasting on 10440 (400 lumen?) would make it a new EDC for me I think.

jruser

Newly Enlightened
Any chance for a NW version? That would go nicely with my NW T10T and T20T.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance for a NW version? That would go nicely with my NW T10T and T20T.

* No, there is absolutely no chance at all whatsoever.

The Ti is using the XP-L V4.
The XP-L goes to V5 and V6.
I know the V5 is considered cool white.
So the V4 is likely in the neutral white region.

Notice, Nitecore does not specify it is cool white.
However, Amazon lists the Ti as neutral white.

I believe Thrunite created the Amazon listing,
as it contains a ridiculous listing error,
as most other Amazon listings start off with made by Thrunite.

* Yes there is a chance

BillSWPA

Enlightened
For whatever it is worth, last Christmas I ordered a dozen TiS lights, taking advantage of a nice discount on packages of 6 through the Thrunite USA store. Ten of them have been given out. One has broken. To the best of my knowledge, the other 9 are going strong.

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
Looks promising lumen wise!
Still looking for an upgrade of my i3S. The DQG SS AAA didn't pull it off. Unreliable en too low max output. Greats size, magnet and luminous O-ring, but I primarily need a good UI (low-high), high optional output and proper runtime on lower setting.
Hope the Ti pulls it off. Optional blasting on 10440 (400 lumen?) would make it a new EDC for me I think.
Why cant you use 10440's in your i3S? I did all the time, back when I had one.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a 10440 in my i3S without issues. It does get wam on H and then I ramp down to M. I've read the Ti3 does not support li-ion (it goes poof) and I don't think the Ti will support li-ions either. But the output of the Ti3 is fine with an Eneloop - no complaints and I like the L>M>H mode sequence. The Ti uses the XPL emitter and should have a floody, useful beam profile and, hopefully, efficient.

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
kj2, will let you know if the clip is any good. I like the fact that it can be mounted in both ways.

I do use efest 10440's in my i3S and it is crazy bright. Most of the time I just use eneloop for longer runtimes and being able to drain it completely. The i3S is also pretty banged up now.
I like stainless steel / Titanium. And I dislike the mode sequence on the i3S. The M-H-L sequence kills my night vision.

Replaced it with the DQG AAA wich size is perfect. Loved the looks. But it is faulty (usually only works in low, unless I tap it on a hard surface), eats o-rings and the customer service is bad. Wrote them a couple of times, they should send a replacement driver but still havent received it (3 months ago).
An EDC light has to be bulletproof.
Besides that, 10440 hardly increases the lumen output of the DQG, wich I like in certain situations. And output on eneloop is too low for my liking. So I'm back to my i3S now.

The thrunite Ti is a bit bigger than the DQG but hopefully can replace the i3S. I think I'll glue a Neodymium magnet on the tail if I like it. I use these lights a lot on my car restauration and the magnet on DQG came in handy. When it's able to handle 10440 with super high lumen output would just be an unexpected bonus. It should be the brightest of the three on eneloop though.

Hopefully someone is bold enough to try and confirm 10440 works or :poof:

Last edited:

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, hadn't seen that one.
But I prefer the titanium looks. Also like the firefly mode on the thrunite Ti. So I guess I'll glue a magnet to it, give it a polish and see how it looks / works.

drum corp

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased this from hkequipment on ebay. Should receive it in about a week. Does anyone have any suggestions for what type of battery would be best to use? On their website it states "working voltage: 0.9-3 volts". Thanks.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just purchased this from hkequipment on ebay. Should receive it in about a week. Does anyone have any suggestions for what type of battery would be best to use? On their website it states "working voltage: 0.9-3 volts". Thanks.

IMO this light goes well with an Energizer Lithium primary battery which does not stress too much the light from the thermal standpoint. Also a NiMH will be good.

I just ordered one from hkequipment too and I will surely use a lithium primary in it like on all my AAA lights.

drum corp

Newly Enlightened
Good info Kilovolt and yoyoman, thanks. I may contact the seller and ask his recommendation too. don't want to blow the lite up!

Dutcheee

Newly Enlightened
Thrunite is kinda vague on the 10440 issue on their facebook page. Please let us know what they replied drum corp.

Most lights that work fine on 10440 are not being advertised as such.
Because the LED (and maybe driver?) differs from the Ti3, it could still be fine. But absolutely no guarantee.