LED light lasts 1 year turned on

Hanover Fist

Newly Enlightened
I read some where of a keychain light that stays lit for a year on a single battery charge. Not sure the battery size and the LED was dim but usable in the dark, e.g., finding keyholes etc. Does anyone recall something like this?

Imon

Enlightened
I remember about a decade ago PALights were somewhat popular and they used a 9V battery and glowed very dimly for a long time (up to a year or so).

Not really keychain-sized and the dim glow wasn't that usable but it was easy to spot in the dark.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I remember about a decade ago PALights were somewhat popular and they used a 9V battery and glowed very dimly for a long time (up to a year or so).

My PAL lights run well over a year on 9V batteries that have already spent a year in smoke detectors.

Norm

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
My PAL lights run well over a year on 9V batteries that have already spent a year in smoke detectors.

Norm
I have one in my Bathroom as a nightlight and it has been running since last year about this time too!

I am afraid though it looks like the company has bit the dust?

Crazy lights!

Hanover Fist

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone! Pak-lites? Since palights arent available?

Last edited:

H-Man

Enlightened
2 AA eneloops driving a 5mm LED will last at least a year. Cheapest route that involves a premade host is to use a harbor freight 2AA incandescent flashlight as a host and stick the 5mm led into the bipin socket. You will have to drill the reflector. You can use a minmag as a host, but you still have to drill or remove the reflector.