Tail Switch for TT2L???

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TT1L and a TT2L.
I think that I will choose one of them for my EDC. One problem is the selection of the two modes. If I use the LED mode and then turn it off, I must go through the Lum mode and turn it off and then turn on the LED.

I seem to have read that someone had a tail cap switch made for that light. I don't know what a Kroll switch really is, but I think it is a tail switch. Would that work on the SL TTL lights?

It would really be nice if the mode could be left in either position, and turned on or off at will.

Jerry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Hoghead. That looks as if it would work, if I can find someone locally to do the machine work, at a reasonable price.

I assume that it would interrupt the main on/off switch and work as I intended. I'm not sure how it does that unless there is a method of causing an "open" in the spring when in the off position.

I like the price of the switch, and considering the price of the flashlight I do not want to put twice the price of the light in the project.

Thanks again.
Jerry

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just select light mode then unscrew tail cap. Won't give you tactical momentary on, but you can twist for on.

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Bravo25 said:
Just select light mode then unscrew tail cap. Won't give you tactical momentary on, but you can twist for on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey- you know that works.....:)

What we could use is a 1/4" foam doughnut to hold the batteries and make the tailcap a little firmer while it's in the "off" position...
I tried two layers of sticky foam tape.... works fairly well.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bravo25,
Maybe a foam donut to keep the connection tight when off would work, but the tail cap is so loose that it might fall off when I loosen it enough to keep the light off. I like the idea.

Kill-O-Zap,
That was the thread I was thinking about. Thanks.

It would be nice if adaptors were made for the most common size tail cap threads to mate them with the Kroll switch.

Jerry

wwglen

Enlightened
Try turining the spring in the tail around. This makes it work better as a twist on / off without having to unscrew the tail as much.

I read it in a different post here on CPF.

wwglen