What Single 18650s Headlamps Have Better Throw Than The Nitecore HC90?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Nitecore HC90 last year. I am considering another headlamp that uses a single 18650 that is contained in the light. I don't want a separate battery pack. What other headlamps have more throw than the Nitecore HC90?

soul347

Newly Enlightened
You might have a hard time finding a head lamp with a throw that goes any further than the HC90. You'd essentially have to find a lamp with similar lumen output with a tighter beam. The thing is headlamps are generally marketed toward those who do closer range work with both their hands. What I'd do if I want more throw while hiking for example is use my headlamp, then have a handheld flashlight that throws out real far such as my Nitecore SRT7.

Was wondering what you planned to do with a headlamp with more throw?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
.....What I'd do if I want more throw while hiking for example is use my headlamp, then have a handheld flashlight that throws out real far such as my Nitecore SRT7.

Was wondering what you planned to do with a headlamp with more throw?

Thank you for the reply. That is what I do now when I go horseback riding at night. I use the Nitecore HC90 attached to the back of my baseball cap. When I see something that I want to light up more, I use my Nitecore MH25. I have been considering the Olight M2X-UT Javelot, though. It looks like it has even more throw than my MH25!