Thrunite T10 2014 just arrived.....ISSUE.....

CodyCash

Newly Enlightened
So im new here and learning. My first Cree lights where the Ultrafire stuff so I moved up and am researching and learning about the new technologies. Im a research nerd so I've done the rounds and Thrunite was standing out as a strong company. My first one came today and the light is spectacular! Well thought out level changes and simple ui. Great size to power ratio, nice fit and finish. Now for the bad. Out of box one screw hole for the pocket clip is stripped in the body. Way bummed, anyone have experience with their customer service? If im gonna get the run around I would rather keep it without the clip. I've had bad experiences with Chinese CS. Electronics mostly.

On a side note my Nitecore EC20 arrived as well and Im so impressed its not funny!

dizrack

Newly Enlightened
Try one of the spare screws, I thought I stripped a hole too but I tried another screw they give you and it tightened fine. Incidentally beware of catching the clip on things while it's in your pocket. The first day I caught the clip on a hand rail post for my basement stairs and broke the clip in half at the x design. I contacted thrunite customer service and they are sending me a new clip free of charge!

revelations0350

Newly Enlightened
I have the t10 and t20 and both mine had the same issue with the holes being stripped very easily. Not sure if the t10s or t10t versions have that issue too. Luckily I now use those two for work and don't use the pocket clips. Didn't want to deal with sending them back and having the same issue as I'm sure they all strip easily on those models.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

revelations0350

Newly Enlightened
Try one of the spare screws, I thought I stripped a hole too but I tried another screw they give you and it tightened fine. Incidentally beware of catching the clip on things while it's in your pocket. The first day I caught the clip on a hand rail post for my basement stairs and broke the clip in half at the x design. I contacted thrunite customer service and they are sending me a new clip free of charge!

I tried the spare screws on mine and they did not work. My threads were jacked from the start so I wrote off having clips on my t10 and t20. I recommend anyone looking at those models get at least the t10/20s versions anyways. I regret not getting them in that.

dizrack

Newly Enlightened
I personally like the aluminum version for the knurling and flat sides, also pretty light weight although the ti version is probably slightly lighter? Nice to see good customer service from thrunite, they responded to my email the next day. I love the light but the pocket clip is weak. I have multiple pocket knives and the worst I have done to those clips is bend them and I just bend them back. Having the x design in the clip and the fact the clip is rounded makes it weak and doesn' t flex enough before it breaks.

CodyCash

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. Im just gonna live with it. One screw hole if fine and I got the other to hold on with some loctite just enough to be usable. I think im going to look for another small edc light with the removable non screw on type clip that also works on the bill of a hat. Any good suggestions?

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened
Got mine last night, and same thing happened. Going to look at the other 2 screws that came with it and see if there is a difference. I am searching for a solution because I dont want to go through the hassle of returning it. So far two options are thread it for a larger size screw and go that way or if I can find the size I want, use a nutsert if that works.

The issue is the clips radius is larger than that of the body where it threads against. And the steel clip is strong enough that when you try and tighten it down flush to the body surface it overpowers the 1-2 threads total in the hole.

Last edited: