Foursevens going out of business??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
I just visited Foursevens website and the majority of their product is out of stock. Does anyone know why? I was wondering if they are either going out of business or just getting rid of 3/4th of their product. Anyone know?

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard a rumor, though I haven't heard it directly from Brian. The line is changing! If this is true, I am *so very excited.*

I love Foursevens. Old quarks are now old. :) Either way, if you want the old models you better jump fast! :thumbsup:

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my Quark mini AA, but don't need another. Wish I did. In fact I never carry it, preferring AAA.
Jerry

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire sued them, and made them get rid of their entire Quark lineup. I think their other brands are still available. Yeah, they're supposed to come out with "Quark version 2" sometime. Unfortunately, it looks like they won't be able to use the twist-head mode selection, or different battery replacement tubes (no "legoing").

Norm

Retired Administrator
Surefire sued them, and made them get rid of their entire Quark lineup. I think their other brands are still available. Yeah, they're supposed to come out with "Quark version 2" sometime. Unfortunately, it looks like they won't be able to use the twist-head mode selection, or different battery replacement tubes (no "legoing").

Please quote your source. Or is this pure speculation?

Threads such as this serve no purpose except to spread unfounded rumours. Unless you can quote a indisputable source.

If you can't quote such a source I would ask members not to post in this speculative thread.

Norm

Last edited:

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please quote your source. Or is this pure speculation?

Norm
From CPFMarketPlace,
We're here to stay. Quarks are discontinued for two reasons. 1) it was part of a settlement agreement with surefire and 2) to make way for the next generation of Quarks in Q2. :D

If you want a light that works with 18650's try the Maelstrom MMR-X. It's extremely compact and usb rechargable and you can configure it for both pro and tactical use.

By the way we've sold close three digits of the xm18's :)

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Norm

Retired Administrator
OK Quarks are off the menu. But that doesn't tell me Four Sevens are going out of business. They are discontinuing one product line not going out of business.

Norm

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK Quarks are off the menu. But that doesn't tell me Four Sevens are going out of business. They are discontinuing one product line not going out of business.

Norm

Absolutely. 4sevens stated they are going to be in business, just not able to produce the old Quarks anymore. As for warranty support, I presume they'll give you a "new Quark" if they can't repair your old one. (*)

If you want one of the old Quarks, you'd better snap them up from a dealer before they disappear completely.

(*) Of course, no company can guarantee they're not going out of business, but there is no news or rumors indicating this is happening with 4sevens anytime soon.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Absolutely. 4sevens stated they are going to be in business, just not able to produce the old Quarks anymore. As for warranty support, I presume they'll give you a "new Quark" if they can't repair your old one. (*)
So we don't need any more speculative post saying that they are.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.