What's Up With Surefire's HA III On L5 and L6's?

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
What\'s Up With Surefire\'s HA III On L5 and L6\'s?

I remember awhile back when a lot of folks were really complaining about how off the colors were on Surefire's, (and to be fair, other manufacturer's also), HA II and III lights. From all the pictures I've seen of L5 and L6's, they look almost like a rainbow of HA shades! Is it me or the pictures or is everyone just resigned to the fact that the varations in HA tints are here to stay?

Speaking of HA, how come it seems so delicate lately? I've handled a few of the newer lights. Sometimes the HA seems like it would peel off with just a mean stare much less rub the finish off of lesser lights as Surefire advertises.

I've also noticed the lines on the bodies aren't as crisp as they once were. I've seen rough edges and small deformities here and there and even heard where CPFer's have received lights with NO HA in spots.

I've been a big Surefire fan since I bought my first 6P in 1985 and still am. I like them immensely and SF is still the industry leader. I'm just wondering "aloud" if Surefire may be rushing things a bit lately?

P.S. After reading some of the posts in the past day or so that SF is now suspending flashlight production to concentrate on weaponlights, I guess they have been in a rush to produce lights.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What\'s Up With Surefire\'s HA III On L5 and L6\'s?

Dont have an L5 or L6 so I cant really comment on them. However, some people actually like the variations in color tint on the different parts of the bezel for example. I too have noted the "softer" HAIII which come off particularly easily off the scalloped edges.

ufokillerz

Enlightened
Re: What\'s Up With Surefire\'s HA III On L5 and L6\'s?

on my L4, the bezel is 3 parts, the middle section looks BLACK =) i love it !!.