--- 2W UV led.... where , when, how?

jtice

Flashaholic
I have a black Mclux, that is BEGGING to be turned into the HIGH power UV light.
I would LOVE to get ahold of one of those 2W UV leds that McGizmo used.

Anyone know where and how I can get one of these? I know they are not really avalible yet, but I thought I would try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Actually... Don,,, do you think it can even be trimmed down enough to fit in a Mclux? If not, what about a PR Mclux?

Thanks for you help guys.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
jtice,

I got mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif . Sorry you missed out on the 6W group buy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (hope you have a sense of humor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) the 2W's work with a PR reflector (Thanks Don!) but have a major hole in the middle of the beam. The 2W's were sales samples and kind of unobtanium. I sacrificed a testicle.

Larry

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
really larry? a hole in the beam?

well that stinks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

might using a beadblasted reflector fix it?

yes ticey, i can't wait for them to be readily available!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I didn't have a hole in my beam??!?! The light has gone on to another home now. Hummmmm..... Uh guys, This shouldn't be discussed here in public..........

The 2W's are now targeted for 2nd QTR as I understand it.

TheFire

Enlightened
Well... jtuice, if you're interested, I've got the fixings for another of those 6w lights that are unspoken for right now. I might be able to finish it up and pass it on if we could come to an agreement of sorts. PM me and we'll see what we can do.

Wow larry, I feel so special. Both my testicles are intact, AND I have a 2W UV (not to mention the 2 6W UV lights I have here...). I really need to invest in some eye protection, with all the UV sitting around here...

PeterW

Enlightened
....good for suntans.

I just made my own cheap light with 18 regular 400nm UV LEDs and the micropuck driver. Makes things glow quite well.

Not as good at making things glow as my single keyring 375nm light, if only I could get lots of LED power at around 370nm (CHEAPLY that is).

PEterW

PS If only I could run my (now decomissioned) 200mW 244nm doubled Ar+ laser, now that made things glow brilliantly!

jtice

Flashaholic
Thanks for the input and help guys.

TheFire, PM Sent.

Don, sorry, I wasnt aware that I shouldnt be talking about this on here.
I guess we can put a stop to this thread now, and have it deleted if you wish.

BLU3_SHOCK

Newly Enlightened
i know i would love to hav2 a 2 watt and a 6 watt umm the posibilitys but i remember looking at the group buy but i thought they never went through because the topic name said dismised

TheFire

Enlightened
Well, the GB did end up going through, and several people did get a few. If there was enough interest again, I could possibly put another order in...