So, since radio shack is going under, are the ones in your area marking stuff down?

Frijid

Enlightened
Radio shack by my house has EVERYTHING for 30-50% off. Needless to say, I've been doing a little shopping around. So, how is it in your area?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
No luck. The one near my work place mostly has cell phone junk. Other items are not marked down at all. I was deeply disturbed. lol

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I paid around 80% off for some LEDs at a RS store that was closing, and that was about a month ago. The other store near me is staying open and everything is at normal prices.

Frijid

Enlightened
I've noticed that just about everything that was "worthwhile" was pulled from the shelves. Only thing that i've seen that was left behind was stuff under 200-300 dollars. all the digital scanners, etc,etc. I was around it one day, then the next day, i literately watched them install the signs. Went there just to browse around about 3 hours after the sign was up, and there wasn't any cb's, shortwave radios, camera systems, etc there.

Frijid

Enlightened
At 50% off they're still overpriced!

that's what i was thinking, 50 percent off a fortune, is still a fortune. I did buy a am/fm/wx C battery analog radio for my mom, who's up in age, and doesn't understand these "space age" digital radios. It was 39.99 and got it for i believe 28 dollars. I realize i could have probably gotten it cheaper online, but i guess not having to wait for it to arrive was a plus. even though it was as you said, still a fortune. I was wondering when i was heading to the check out if they was gonna ask me to buy an "extended purchase warranty" but they didn't.

Frijid

Enlightened
Did the salesperson ask for your address?

~ Chance
LOL! for once in my life, i was able to buy something there in peace, without getting questioned by the gestapo!

seen today, they've up it to 50-70%, but as mmasey said, 50 percent off a fortune, is still a fortune!