Best Flood-To-Throw Style Light?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realize this is not the most efficient style of light, but I am really fond of the big smooth beam that this type of light puts out. I already have a few: sipik sk68, coast hp1, duracell durabeam ultra 500, and an ultrafire XML zoomable flashlight.

I am are than any high end options for this kind of light? Anything bright? Better?

Thank you.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have better ones than I do already. I kind of dig it too, I've had a good time hiking out of the woods at night with these. What I did was to get a basic 18650 model, and mod in a DX "16 mode" driver, set to the 3 level lo-mid-hi interface. Very handy, although I don't recommend running long times on high based on the level of heat sinking in there. But now I can turn it down most of the time to a more reasonable brightness for better run time and no heat concerns.

Scourie

Enlightened
I had a Lenslight 2xCR123 2 mode that I liked a lot. If they did a 18650 version I'd buy it in a second.

Rob

ven

Flashaholic
Not sure on the high end,but well made and nice ano on my poplite t34,3 mode and very similar to the lenser t7(4xAAA) other than extra mode and better ano. Being picky i prefer the zoom of the lenser. The t7.2 and p7.2 are nice lights,the former allows you to lock the head in any zoom with a twist. Also the m7/m7r(lithium) although i would not spend that much being honest..........

Jax Z1 xml2-u2 is another option,26650 fed though,but find the 26650 sized lights a comfortable size to hold.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just looking at the Jax Z1, but it seems a bit pricey for me. Someone elsewhere recommended the Supfire f3. It looks like a nice light, anyone have any experience with it?

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
I've had my Coast HP550 since August 2014. I use it almost every day. Nice flood-to-throw slide (w/ lock) feature. 1075 lumens, forward clicky, and lifetime warranty. And runs fine on 9 x AA Eneloops. The tint is nice too.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had my Coast HP550 since August 2014. I use it almost every day. Nice flood-to-throw slide (w/ lock) feature. 1075 lumens, forward clicky, and lifetime warranty. And runs fine on 9 x AA Eneloops. The tint is nice too.

Looks nice, I'll check it out.