WP2s: problem with the USB output

bene

Newly Enlightened
Hello everybody,

I bought the WP2s from xtar already more than a year ago, having in mind to use it as a mobile phone charger in my holidays. However, the first time I was trying to do so it just did not work and I forgot to investigate it. Just now I did some tests and it turned out that the USB-port of my charger only supplies 3.6V with two newly charged batteries (each having >4.1V). I just had an 10Ohm resistor to test and I can draw 360mA current without the voltage to drop. But the 3.6V are not enough for my mobile phone. Anybody has a clue what could be wrong?

bene

Newly Enlightened
That's interesting. So maybe I already damaged the charger while trying it the first time. That would be a real pity. I don't have my charger here, but I will check tonight if I also have similar melting traces.

bene

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I actually have similar, but much smaller traces on my charger as depicted in the other thread. Apparently something already started to burn. Fortunately, the charger still works perfectly on charging batteries.

Did anybody here investigate what exactly broke in the charger and if it can easily be replaced?

Latest posts