Changing an incanescent to an LED??

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

First of all, I love this board!!

OK...I was at a site where the gentleman switched his model train headlights to LED's with GREAT results. Can't remember where.

Here's my question. How can I tell what type and voltage LED I should use if I wanted to switch small lights around the house to LED's? know it would depend on the power source but it's still a little "foreign" to me.

I'm really trying to learn. Please help.

LONG LIVE THE PHOTON!!

DaveH

Enlightened
[ counting lights to convince wife ]

It helps if you hide some of them.

Dave

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yea , but NOT under the matress , they
always look there .

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
After seeing another of my LED flashlights my wife asked "Do you have some kind of disease or something?"

Some people just don't understand. ;-)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You guys hav no idea how happy I am to see other guys posting about the same thing that happens to me. (I mean with new LED's).

When my first Photon came in the mail she said, "what's this? Another Toy? I said, honey it was only $5.00. Now I've got the bug!! I'm waiting for a green one and now I need to order a Tuchoise.

I gave her my Sapphire as soon as the Photon came in. Just remember guys, we buy them in case there's a blackout. At least that's what I tell my wife.

grin.gif
)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

...I have a similar problem, I too have many flashlights, some of them very powerful, but I still can't find my wife!...
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Shiny things tend to impress the male of the
species inhabiting the third planet . However
the female , possessing more common sense ,
prefers to spend earnings on such useless
items as food and rent . Lucky for the male,
who possesses much cunning ,can persuade
the female the shiny things are actually
needed . Some give the 'light-sticks' to
other 'bonded males' for an opportune time
to be returned as a 'borrowed' item . The
female , though suspecting chicanery , gives
in to the superior wit of the male . This
also nets the female many favors from the
guilty male . End of report .

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RonM:
After seeing another of my LED flashlights my wife asked "Do you have some kind of disease or something?"

Some people just don't understand. ;-)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get this a lot from the mailman and from my landlord. Not just with flashlights either (I have close to 40) but when boxes full of insulators start showing up, people start asking questions, and eventually, gossiping.

You know you've gone overboard when you have a website about flashlights (or about insulators) and when people "automatically" associate you with them.

"Hey, flashlight guy" is one phrase I've heard because of my "addiction".
And don't get me started on insulators.
smile.gif

LED Museum & Punishment Zone
Insulators: The Hidden Obsession

------------------

D

**DONOTDELETE**

How do you guys get away with it?

My problem is wanting to carry all of them around wherever I go, just in case I need a light. I have seemed to shift away from making my own to buying commercial products now that more are available.

Time to start converting old flashlights to LED so as to disguise my diode fetish...

How about a 3 cell mag with a bunch of the green LED's?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skotw:
How do you guys get away with it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being single helps a lot.
There's nobody here to gripe about flashlights lying all over the place except myself.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
My problem is wanting to carry all of them around wherever I go, just in case I need a light.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being in a wheelchair, I don't really have that problem. I can clip keyring-style lights everywhere (I routinely carry more than half a dozen at any given time) and I can throw larger lights in my lunchpail or in the glovebox.

Being caught without a light is the least of my worries.
smile.gif

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net

------------------