Lux III side emitters may be on the way?

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was doing a search on the Future Electronics site on the string "LXHL-" to pick up all of the luxeon products. I note that they list a LXHL-FW3C which is not a part number that has yet appeared on any Luxeon datasheets. If Lumileds follows their usual numbering patterns, this would be the PN assigned to a Lux III white SE star. Needless to say, Future does not show any stock but apparently they had some reason to inputting this number into their inventory system. Anyone have the inside scoop on this?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
makes sense. LD has that older tech on the phos application that is inferior. newer products will likely be only HD/SE like the 5W's... Of course the warm white are LD but that was just to put the LD machines to good use rather than letting them go to waste is what we concluded..

Do current 1W SE have the EOS phos or are they like LD? I've never thought about that...

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could've sworn I saw a Lux3 datasheet, back when they were first announced, that listed both lambertian and side emitters...

Maybe Lumileds nixed the Lux3 SE after Future added it to their database?

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
IsaacHayes said:

Do current 1W SE have the EOS phos or are they like LD? I've never thought about that...

[/ QUOTE ]
1W SEs are EOS.

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've swapped the lens on a high dome and side-emitter. The emitter construction (apart from the obvious lens difference) is identical in every other fashion. It would be trivial to place side emitter lenses on an L3 - they just have to make the choice to steer some production lines of the L3 towards the SE assembly.

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think maybe the warm white uses the oldscool LD to make space for more phosphor goo.