Surefire EB2 clip snapped off + introduction

Tbolt

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I'm Taylor and I reside in the North Houston/Spring area. I love me some flashlights and rare blades.

One question for the surefire fanbase. Has anyone else had their pocket clip snap off of their EB2 and how did you remedy or did you send it off for warranty replacement? I modded mine with a paracord gaucho knot with adjustable finger loop since I figured it would just happen again. I will be adding photos once I'm past the newbie restrictions...

Tbolt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Bill! Yeah it actually broke off the first week carried it. Pretty flimsy really. I was going to send it off but didn't due to the fact that it would probably just happen again. After adding the cord it's become my favorite edc light. Wish I could post a pic, looks great too and quite functional...

I'm sure it says, but how many posts do I need to make before being able to add a picture?

bartko09

Enlightened
Yeah happened to me. Like Bill said SFwill send a replacement, just call. In fact I told the guy I wanted an extra as a backup and he sent it. Problem is that SF is in Cal and they ship UPS ground so those of us on the east coast are in a holding pattern for close to two weeks. However, for a mere $14 they threw it in a $5 small USPS flat rate box for me and I got it in two days. LOL

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Call for a replacement. You won't have to send the light in, they'll simply mail you a new clip.
If you go to the Surefire website, they also have a rapid replacements page where you can fill out the request online. Good luck and welcome!

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get used to it. You will break it again and again. They have added that clip to the rapid replacement parts list if you go to the website and select it. Calling will probably yield in a faster turnaround time though.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, just use the rapid replacement service. They ship those small parts via US Mail in a padded envelope and it normally takes about 5 business days to get to Kentucky from California. I just received my latest replacement last week.

I carry an EB2 practically every day and end up breaking a clip every 8 or 10 months.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I break the clip about once a year. I have used rapid replacement to get a new one each time.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I take mine on and off using shoe strings or thin para cord. Remove head & o-ring first.

Just make sure you get the orientation of the small black Plastic Spacer correct. If you put it in backwards/upside down and try to jam the clip on it can break the thin aluminum tabs designed to secure the clip. I made that rookie mistake a long time ago.

bartko09

Enlightened
make sure you get the orientation of the small black Plastic Spacer correct. If you put it in backwards/upside down and try to jam the clip on it can break the thin aluminum tabs designed to secure the clip. I made that rookie mistake a long time ago.

You use the spacer on the EB2?

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
You use the spacer on the EB2?

No, the 2-way clips don't use the spacer. The more standard clips on the C2 and a lot of the older E-series lights require the spacer.

The last 2 times I've broken my EB2 clip I've thought to myself I need to make a video or do a write-up on how to replace them. I'll add that to my list of other things I haven't finished yet :whistle:

bartko09

Enlightened
No, the 2-way clips don't use the spacer. The more standard clips on the C2 and a lot of the older E-series lights require the spacer.

Yeah I know. I was asking in disbelief. [emoji6]

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to break the one on my lx2 every couple of months. It doesn't take much. I always broke them where the mount goes into the body itself. I finally quit using it after 4 years. Lol